Hello from Camarillo, CA

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ramccie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Hi all,

First, I'd like to say thanks to all of the forum members who have contributed their time and shared their experiences, knowledge and passion about the RAM in this excellent forum. It has been a valuable resource of excellent information for me and has addressed my countless questions and concerns about my new truck. So a Big Thank You to All of You!

I'm a the new owner of a 2018 Bighorn 2WD Quad Cab with a 5.7L Hemi. Never owned a Mopar vehicle before and I'm already very impressed with the RAM. It is a gorgeous truck, it drives amazing and I love the power of the 5.7L Hemi paired with the ZF 8HP70 and 3.92 gears.

Budget was tight and I was looking to buy a used truck to tow a camper trailer. My budget was $30K or so out the door. Most used trucks (RAM, F150s, Tundras, etc.) in that range were 3-5 years old and had 20K-80K miles depending on condition, options and brand. I visited a RAM dealer nearby to take a look at a CPO 2017 Bighorn 5.7L Quad, 3.21 gears with 20K miles which was listed at $29K in hopes to negotiate the price down to $25K-$26K plus tax and license to stay within my budget. The sales guy pointed out the current incentives on the 2018s and to make the story short, I've negotiated a price of $29,600 plus tax and license for a brand new truck with the full factory warranty, 3.92 gears and descent options. MSRP was $41K and some change. I went over my budget but I fell in love with the truck and couldn't pass what I've considered to be a descent deal on a brand new truck.

Anyways, I'm glad I did it and I'm looking forward to many happy years of ownership and being a regular here.

Jimmy

IMG_6860.JPG

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited Longhorn CTD HO DRW 4x4
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
:welcome:

iLLeStEyECoN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Hi all,

First, I'd like to say thanks to all of the forum members who have contributed their time and shared their experiences, knowledge and passion about the RAM in this excellent forum. It has been a valuable resource of excellent information for me and has addressed my countless questions and concerns about my new truck. So a Big Thank You to All of You!

I'm a the new owner of a 2018 Bighorn 2WD Quad Cab with a 5.7L Hemi. Never owned a Mopar vehicle before and I'm already very impressed with the RAM. It is a gorgeous truck, it drives amazing and I love the power of the 5.7L Hemi paired with the ZF 8HP70 and 3.92 gears.

Budget was tight and I was looking to buy a used truck to tow a camper trailer. My budget was $30K or so out the door. Most used trucks (RAM, F150s, Tundras, etc.) in that range were 3-5 years old and had 20K-80K miles depending on condition, options and brand. I visited a RAM dealer nearby to take a look at a CPO 2017 Bighorn 5.7L Quad, 3.21 gears with 20K miles which was listed at $29K in hopes to negotiate the price down to $25K-$26K plus tax and license to stay within my budget. The sales guy pointed out the current incentives on the 2018s and to make the story short, I've negotiated a price of $29,600 plus tax and license for a brand new truck with the full factory warranty, 3.92 gears and descent options. MSRP was $41K and some change. I went over my budget but I fell in love with the truck and couldn't pass what I've considered to be a descent deal on a brand new truck.

Anyways, I'm glad I did it and I'm looking forward to many happy years of ownership and being a regular here.

Jimmy

View attachment 128359

Glad you were able to find a great deal. Welcome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ramm5.7

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Classic Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Welcome to you from orange county! Sounds like you got a good deal on yoir 18...gotta love a white ram..lol

20180509_151913.jpg

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited Longhorn CTD HO DRW 4x4
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
Hi all,

Jimmy

View attachment 128359
3.92s on an 8speed = towing bliss. You are gonna have some fun!