Hello from Southern California

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
New owner here, bought my RAM 1500 CC Express couple of weeks ago from my local Carmax, and wanted to say Hello in my introductory post. Little bit about the truck, it's a 2014 RAM 1500 Express Crew Cab 4x4, with 50k miles, and came with the basic features i wanted, 3.92's and factory rear LSD, i looked for one with the 8 speed, but i think they started to come down in 2015, and because i wanted to tune the calibration (HPTuners) i opted with the 14 model with the 65RFE trans, without having to paid extra for a new PCM.

Truck had 5 open recalls, and came to find out i have at least one broken stud in the passgenger side manifold, which is making the heatshield rattle. Dodge already took care of the recalls last week, and Carmax will fix the broken studs, free of charge to me because of their 30 days warranty. They've already order both gaskets and all studs and will replace everything for me.

I have plans to level the truck, so i ordered the 2" Rancho Quicklift, (i have Billies 5100's in my Silverado 1500 Crew cab, and wanted to try something different) and Zone Offroad UCA's, and i also have plans to get rid of the factory 20" wheels and the 275/60/20 Cooper AT tires i have now, and go with Raceline Clutch 17x9 -12offset wheels, wrapped with Falken AT3W 315/70/17 tires. Getting all this installed tomorrow.

I've also orderd the Mopar skids, and later on i'll add rock sliders (i think there is only one company who makes them, 100lbs on each side :)), and eventually some front/rear steel bumpers. also planning to add 2.5 body coilvers with 2.5 rear shocks from Radflo, as they're local to me, so the Rancho's wil be the backup set when i need to rebuild them. not planning to go beyond 2", perhaps 2.5" later on, will see how the truck behaves with 2" in offroad mode.

Plan to use the truck as my daily driver, and recreational vehicle on weekends, i have a family of 5 with 3 little kids, and i need all the space possible to make everybody confortable, and something rugged enough so we can enjoy the outdoors, i don't tow anything yet, used to have a Jeep Wrangler JKU as the DD/Weekend toy, so the truck is now the replacement, though no rock crawling for this one, but will enjoy some nice offroad action around our Socal offraod trails, we have another truck in the household, but that's the wife, it's 4x2, and she doesn't want me to mod that one, so i needed my own, and that's how the RAM fitted in :)

Anyways, sorry for the long post, and thank you in advance for all the help and recommendations i may find in this forum, i'll have a ton of questions to post next.

Here is a pic with the babies
43092186255_ffde7b8d53_h.jpgUntitled by Wrangler RSM, on Flickr

UnsatFC

Active duty NAVY
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Congrats on the truck! I miss So Cal, hopefully going back soon. Looking forward to your build!

Ramm5.7

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Classic Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Welcome to the forum from my part of socal!! Orange County says :welcome:

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
welcome

Ramm5.7

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Classic Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Welcome to the forum from my part of socal!! Orange County says :welcome:

Although by reading into your sig i assume your in orange county too, Rancho Santa Marg?

joeygster

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 1500 Sport Crew Bright White
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Welcome to the forum.

That scenery is awesome man.