Hello from SW Florida

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

7Kings

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey everyone. I just picked up a 2016 1500 5.7 4WD. I've been wanting a truck for a while, but there always seemed to be a different vehicle in our driveway (especially when the kids were young). We've been a Mopar family all my life (my father recently retired from a career as a Mopar) and I've had everything from a 72 Dart (my first car) to an 07 Hemi Charger, to a 14 Wrangler JKU (my most recent before the Ram), and just about everything in between.

I've really been enjoying the 1500 and look forward to learning from everyone here.

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Hey everyone. I just picked up a 2016 1500 5.7 4WD. I've been wanting a truck for a while, but there always seemed to be a different vehicle in our driveway (especially when the kids were young). We've been a Mopar family all my life (my father recently retired from a career as a Mopar) and I've had everything from a 72 Dart (my first car) to an 07 Hemi Charger, to a 14 Wrangler JKU (my most recent before the Ram), and just about everything in between.

I've really been enjoying the 1500 and look forward to learning from everyone here.
Welcome and glad to hear from someone else Mopar!

rule18

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel
Welcome to RamForum.

OP
OP
7Kings

7Kings

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Welcome, so do you have any mods you plan on doing?

I have a tonneau cover arriving tomorrow (I went with the Truxedo Lo Pro), I replaced the whip antenna (which was slightly bent) with a small rubber one, since I don't listen to AM/FM radio anyway, and I'm getting ready to order the upper glove box. After that will probably be a hood decal to break up the blank field of silver, some flag decals for the fenders, and a leather-wrapped steering wheel with audio controls.

If it's anything like the Charger or the Jeep, I won't be able to leave it alone for long...

gambeno82

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I have a tonneau cover arriving tomorrow (I went with the Truxedo Lo Pro), I replaced the whip antenna (which was slightly bent) with a small rubber one, since I don't listen to AM/FM radio anyway, and I'm getting ready to order the upper glove box. After that will probably be a hood decal to break up the blank field of silver, some flag decals for the fenders, and a leather-wrapped steering wheel with audio controls.

If it's anything like the Charger or the Jeep, I won't be able to leave it alone for long...

Nice. Dont hesitate to post pictures..yep that's my next vehicle is a charger wide body hopefully..

OP
OP
7Kings

7Kings

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nice. Dont hesitate to post pictures..yep that's my next vehicle is a charger wide body hopefully..

I miss that Charger. We gave it to my son when we bought the Jeep and he loved it until some girl who was texting while driving in the oncoming lane didn't turn when the road did and went airborne in her Impala. Thankfully, everyone was unhurt (surprisingly, considering the damage that was done to both cars), but the Charger was officially gone...

IMG_0720.JPG

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
welcome!!