Hello from the Buckeye State

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

T Jones

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello everyone. As far as trucks go, I've owned a variety, some heavy duty because I was a Roofer by profession. I had a few Dodges, a few Fords, and a GMC, which I still have to run my errands to Lowe's and Home Depot. Aside from all the trucks I ever had, owning a Hemi powered Ram Express topped my bucket list. In my youth I always owned Muscle Cars and then moved to trucks. I was finally able to afford either getting a muscle car or another truck. I looked at Challengers and Chargers, and finally decided on my long time dream of getting a Ram Express, which I felt was a good compromise between owning a Hemi powered muscle car and a Hemi powered truck. I'm more oriented towards performance. I wanted my Express to have the 395 hp 5.7 Hemi, obviously, it had to be a 2 door regular cab, have a 6ft bed, be a 2X4 wheel drive, and have at least a 3.55 third member. I finally found what I was looking for last April. Being what it is, it's lighter in weight than a Crew Cab 4X4 and the 5.7 Hemi puts my 2014 Express into motion with effortless ease. It's pretty fast for a truck, definitely quicker than any truck I ever owned. My only issue so far is the sluggish factory throttle response from the initial launch. So to fix this issue I'm looking at the Sprint Booster which will hopefully give my Ram immediate response from the pedal to the throttle. The Sprint Booster is U.S. made and is the original concept for this type of 'plug and play'. As far as other mods, I'm not sure yet. I believe some may be over hyped and may not deliver on the power one would expect in relation to cost, unless those mods are combined with other mods. In any event I think my Express has plenty of power as is, "bone stock", for the street, especially when I turn off the MDS and traction control, and put it into tow/haul mode..... anyway, here's my truck

Hat-Hemi-Glasses-1.jpg

Last edited:

rule18

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel
Welcome, nice truck.

Ramm5.7

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Classic Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Welcome to the Ramily from socal!!
Nice reg cab!! Gotta love the hemi!!

20200225_141807.jpg

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Welcome to the Forum, great looking Reg cab, that must be a sleeper with it being lighter, I'm seeing more and more Rams on the road and in my neighborhood!!!

P/S look into the Pedal Commander on here Nick at gotexhaust.com carries them and gives us members a discount, they are on the vendors tab

Last edited:
OP
OP
T Jones

T Jones

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Welcome to the Forum, great looking Reg cab, that must be a sleeper with it being lighter, I'm seeing more and more Rams on the road and in my neighborhood!!!
Thank you Buddy. It's the same in my neighborhood too. Rams are everywhere around here. They're mostly what I see. Next to the Rams here are the GMCs and Chevy Silverados. Hardly see any Ford trucks in my area.

OP
OP
T Jones

T Jones

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P/S look into the Pedal Commander on here Nick at gotexhaust.com carries them and gives us members a discount, they are on the vendors tab
Excellent! I was seriously considering the Sprint Booster but if the discount for the Pedal Commander saves me some decent $$$, I'm not going to be picky. Thanks for the heads up! How big of a discount is he offering for that?

rule18

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel
Thank you buddy. That's a nice one in your avatar.
Thanks. Happen to be in OH visiting family this weekend.... Also, if you get the Pedal Commander you won't regret it. I've had one for years, never disappoints.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
welcome to the site, love them Regular cabs!