Hello from the Great Sovereign State of Arkansas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HandyCruiser

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi (no e-Torque)
I've created several new threads already. So I guess I should have done an introduction first.

I grew up working in a shop and worked in shops and parts stores during college. Now I tinker for fun. It should be noted that while I am an ASE Certified Master Automotive Tech and an excellent lover, I primarily work as a Process Safety Engineer at my full time day job among other things (mainly environmental consulting) I do as a side business. I haven't worked as a professional mechanic since I was a young strapping lad with long flowing hair before college. And even then, I mainly worked on big trucks and heavy equipment. Nowadays, I enjoy working on cars for fun and relaxation more than driving them. And I help others when I can. Beyond this, I am a church orchestra leader, write and arrange music, and I play saxophone plus a few other instruments.

On July 3, 2021, I bought my wife a 2021 Ram 1500 Laramie to be her everyday driver and to be our main vehicle we drive when together. I always plan to have one new vehicle with a loan payment. All my other vehicles are paid for. The Laramie is loaded with features including a panoramic roof. I am about to add, factory chrome side moldings, a BAKFlip F1 hard tonneau cover, BedMat carpet mat for the bed, factory passenger side door cup holder and a number of other smaller items.

CarlasRamTruck6July2021_01.jpg

Other vehicles include:

The 2019 Dodge Charger Scat Pack I just traded for the Laramie. I am going to miss this car, but my sweetie got truck fever, so it was time to trade.

2019_Scat_Pack_05.jpg

My daily driver. It's a 2006 Dodge Charger Daytona with about 245,000 miles on it. It makes a 110-mile daily commute. And a fun commute it is.

Daytona8Nov2020_01.jpg

My heavily modified 2007 PT Cruiser turbo convertible. She makes 15 pounds of boost and will hurt you if not careful. But she's great for afternoon drives with my sweetie.

PTVert3Feb2019_01.jpg

My 2003 Dodge Ram SLT Quadcab. I bought this new at Fletcher Dodge in North Little Rock in November 2002. It has over 250,000 miles on it.

LadderRack04.jpg

Not pictured is a 1984 Chevy C10 1-ton with SIMCO 2400 Geotechnical drilling machine, and several other old trucks as well. There is no shortage of vehicles at my house.

Last edited:

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've created several new threads already. So I guess I should have done an introduction first.

I grew up working in a shop and worked in shops and parts stores during college. Now I tinker for fun. It should be noted that while I am an ASE Certified Master Automotive Tech and an excellent lover, I primarily work as a Process Safety Engineer at my full time day job among other things (mainly environmental consulting) I do as a side business. I haven't worked as a professional mechanic since I was a young strapping lad with long flowing hair before college. And even then, I mainly worked on big trucks and heavy equipment. Nowadays, I enjoy working on cars for fun and relaxation more than driving them. And I help others when I can. Beyond this, I am a church orchestra leader, write and arrange music, and I play saxophone plus a few other instruments.

On July 3, 2021, I bought my wife a 2021 Ram 1500 Laramie to be her everyday driver and to be our main vehicle we drive when together. I always plan to have one new vehicle with a loan payment. All my other vehicles are paid for. The Laramie is loaded with features including a panoramic roof. I am about to add, factory chrome side moldings, a BAKFlip F1 hard tonneau cover, BedMat carpet mat for the bed, factory passenger side door cup holder and a number of other smaller items.

View attachment 464223

Other vehicles include:

The 2019 Dodge Charger Scat Pack I just traded for the Laramie. I am going to miss this car, but my sweetie got truck fever, so it was time to trade.

View attachment 464238

My daily driver. It's a 2006 Dodge Charger Daytona with about 245,000 miles on it. It makes a 110-mile daily commute. And a fun commute it is.

View attachment 464239

My heavily modified 2007 PT Cruiser turbo convertible. She makes 15 pounds of boost and will hurt you if not careful. But she's great for afternoon drives with my sweetie.

View attachment 464240

My 2003 Dodge Ram SLT Quadcab. I bought this new at Fletcher Dodge in North Little Rock in November 2002. It has over 250,000 miles on it.

View attachment 464241

Not pictured is a 1984 Chevy C10 1-ton with SIMCO 2400 Geotechnical drilling machine, and several other old trucks as well. There is no shortage of vehicles at my house.
DOES it have Stop/Start? If so, wat do U think about it? I am mulling over upgrading to a 2021 Laramie, the only thing I hate is the Stop/Start. Nice collection of cars? Do U reside at a Used Car Dealer??? LOL ... :Big Laugh::owned::joke:

OP
OP
HandyCruiser

HandyCruiser

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi (no e-Torque)
DOES it have Stop/Start? If so, wat do U think about it? I am mulling over upgrading to a 2021 Laramie, the only thing I hate is the Stop/Start. Nice collection of cars? Do U reside at a Used Car Dealer??? LOL ... :Big Laugh::owned::joke:

No start-stop. This one has the straight 5.7 Hemi. No E-torque. The regular 5.7 just feels stronger to my sweetie and me.

Last edited:

Guitarest

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You can get the Laramie without that Start Stop BS. I did; too many have said its not worth it and only saves 50 (max) a year. The up grade costs ocer two grand and not worth it. Got my 2021 with out that scam on the front

Andersoncma

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Not sure this is the same with Ram, but on my company vehicle, which is a 2019 F150, it too has start/stop, but I noticed when I have a trailer plugged into it the start stop option is automatically turned off. So, I ran a couple aux tail/turn indicators, mounted them to my headache rack and powered them through a trailer plug I wired. Now, the F150 thinks I’m always pulling a trailer, thereby automatically bypassing the start/stop system. Will someone plug a trailer into a Ram and see if that too will automatically turn off the start/stop feature?

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
welcome!