Hello from West Texas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mister 4x4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I've had my 2012 Ram Lone Star 2WD since Dec 2014, and just about every time I do a Google search on anything related, this forum pops up at the top of the list... so I finally decided to join up.

That screen name kinda picked me. It happened when I went to a local computer store to pick up my first PC (back in 1996) and the owner asked what I wanted my E-mail address to be for my customer ISP discount, and I had nothing (an E-mail address can say a lot about you after all - I had to have something cool... not just "EHans7192" or something like that). He looked out the window and saw my Jeep with the Mister 4x4* sticker on the windshield, made a suggestion, and the rest is history.

* FYI - Mister 4x4 is the name of a local chain of 4 Wheel Drive shops in Salt Lake City, Utah where I grew up and bought various things for my 4x4s - They used to have a website at this link, but it appears to be gone now.

My previous Ram was a '97 1500 SLT Club Cab 4x4, which I sold to a friend when I found my 2012 - never sell a vehicle you care about to anybody you know... you'll watch it die a slow death before your eyes. Heartbreaking. I actually miss that truck, and my friend asked if I wanted to buy it back... but not after what he's done (or not done, actually) to it. It's not been washed since 2014, runs like crap now, and the last time I saw it running, the dash was lit up like a Christmas tree with idiot lights.

I'm somewhat of a gear head as well. I still have my 1980 Jeep CJ-7 (lifted on 33" Swampers), my wife drives a 2015 Camaro RS, and I've resurrected a piece of rust in the shape of a 1971 Mach 1 to an award-winning [local] car show car.

So far from pokin' around the site, it looks like a fun place. Thanks for having me.

Here's one of my Ram from 2016 when we were visiting the in-laws in South Carolina.

newram1.jpg

I haven't really done much with the truck (love it pretty much the way it is), aside from changing the grille to the black hex from the horizontal 'cheese slicer' grille, added the bed cover, vent shades, upgraded the stereo, K&N, and recently installed a Magnaflow.

So far from pokin' around the site, it looks like a fun place. Thanks for having me.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Welcome

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to RamForum.

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited Longhorn CTD HO DRW 4x4
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
:welcome: from Liberty Hill!

Ramm5.7

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Classic Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Welcome to the site from the LEFT coast!!!