Hello to Everyone

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hikernbackpacker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
In the fall of 2019 purchased the last new 2018 Ram 1500 5.7L Hemi the dealer had left on the lot. Obviously it doesn't have all the most recent electronic tech onboard, but that didn't matter so much to me. I fell in love with how the eight cylinders of the Hemi responds, the power it delivers, the way it handles, and the incredibly smooth ride it gives. I was sold after the test drive. This is my first Ram that I have had.

Prior to the fall of 2019, I had spent twenty some odd years in the Jeep field, first with a Cherokee Classic and then a 2 door Wrangler. Both were good vehicles, keeping each to just a bit over 100,000 miles. Will admit I do still like a Jeep but you do sacrifice quite a lot of room/cargo space/hauling ability that the Ram 1500 more than covers.

Will post a pic of the Ram when I get it cleaned up a bit.

Look forward to more enjoyment from my truck and hope to learn some tips from all the info in the forums here.

4xdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 powerwagon
Engine
Welcome buddy from Edmonton Alberta Canada soon you’ll go from back packer to truck camping muck easier on the body lol

OP
OP
H

hikernbackpacker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Welcome buddy from Edmonton Alberta Canada soon you’ll go from back packer to truck camping muck easier on the body lol
I do 'front country camp' from time to time at a public campground near the Smoky Mountains. They originally were setup for RV and pull behind type campers but eventually added some setups for those of us who tent camp. I enjoy the occasional visit there even though I still use my tent you have all the extras like hot/cold running water, laundry facilities and such. A town near the campground has a drive in theater so in the spring/summer I will day hike in the mountains, then cleanup at the campground, take in a movie and come back to still enjoy camping. I have thought about getting a small pull behind camper to use as a 'base camp' kind of setup at the campground where I could spend a few days/nights backpacking then return to 'civilization' for the comforts of home for a bit. Just haven't explored the campers yet but in time am sure I will.

4xdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 powerwagon
Engine
Myself I would rather drive to the back country I’m to old for that hiking stuff and my truck carry’s the comfort of home a heater and a soft mattress