Help. After motor rebuild,its throwing all 8 coilpack codes!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Royh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok so im new to this site and in desperetly looking for some insight/help

Bought a 2002 ram 4.7 sport 100k miles had a rod knock and nothing else .
I put new crank kit bearings ect ect. New timing kit all new gaskets ect ect.

I get it back together and runs but is showing codes p0351-p0358 . not all at once but the longer the truck runs it will keep triggering coil pack codes untill all 8 are on there . 1200 rpm or above truck runs smooth ..i did once get a code i think p1389 . no asd relay output voltage at pcm

Things i have done

Removed wiring harness .unwrapped inspected, ohmed from one end to other
Changed cam sensor and crank sensor
New plugs. And coil packs
Changed alternator
Changed pcm
Ran extra ground
Swapped around asd relay
Checked am swapped around fuses
Checked compresion- 150-155 down driver side and 130 down passenger side (kinda strange)

I had to replace pos. Side battery cable and starter
The obd is not getting power to it. I can run a hot wire from batt. To the hot terminal in obd port and it powers on . also experiencing problem like the horn the brake lights the mileage display interior lighting all dosent work unless switch is on

I really dont know what else to do.

Can the wires in harness still be bad or not getting good connection and still ohm out on a volt meter? Im leaning towards change the wiring harness .i did find 2 wires that were rubbed enough to show bate wire. It was the brown/green and the white/blue . but i did cut and repair it and tested good ohming with volt meter.