HELP alfaobd backup

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mbx5626

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hellcat 6.2
I have a RAM 1500 Sport trim 2022 and I made changes in DRL settings on alfa obd and all of a sudden it threw different sorts of codes like ABS , Automatic emergency brake system, trailer brake , steering became heavy , passive entry stopped working and many more issues that appeared from nowhere.

i was wondering if anyone here has a RAM 1500 sport that can share their configuration file so that i can restore to it as i did not do a backup before the changes and the car is acting up .

Id really appreciate it.

Rlaf75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you remember what changes you made then go back and convert them back to what they were beforehand

OP
OP
M

mbx5626

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hellcat 6.2
If you remember what changes you made then go back and convert them back to what they were beforehand
i tried that but it still wont go back to original config.

and the weird part is that it showed REBEL when i started the car not 1500 as it did before.

it seems that it switched to rebel config for some reason and everything is a mess

Rlaf75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah unfortunately I can't help you but I'm sure someone might be able to. I know alfaobd isn't something everyone should mess with for reasons like this

OP
OP
M

mbx5626

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hellcat 6.2
Yeah unfortunately I can't help you but I'm sure someone might be able to. I know alfaobd isn't something everyone should mess with for reasons like this
i have done the same steps on my TRX and REBEL and it worked really fine.... not sure why it messed up everything on the Sport trim ... :( its really messed up

Rlaf75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i have done the same steps on my TRX and REBEL and it worked really fine.... not sure why it messed up everything on the Sport trim ... :( its really messed up
Could've just mistakenly hit the wrong thing. I've only made a couple small changes that have been fine, knock on wood, because I haven't backed anything up yet either

brian42

Military
Reaction score
I'm not sure how much it will help but here are the factory BCM settings from my 2019 Big Horn Sport:

Attachments

• 2019 RAM System ID_OEM.pdf
    189.5 KB · Views: 55

badbird72

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a RAM 1500 Sport trim 2022 and I made changes in DRL settings on alfa obd and all of a sudden it threw different sorts of codes like ABS , Automatic emergency brake system, trailer brake , steering became heavy , passive entry stopped working and many more issues that appeared from nowhere.

i was wondering if anyone here has a RAM 1500 sport that can share their configuration file so that i can restore to it as i did not do a backup before the changes and the car is acting up .

Id really appreciate it.

Did you maybe not follow all the directions on what you were attempting? I made some changes to my tire size and the same thing happened to me because I failed to follow all of the directions as to recalibrating ABS system and resetting sensors Etc

OP
OP
M

mbx5626

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hellcat 6.2
I'm not sure how much it will help but here are the factory BCM settings from my 2019 Big Horn Sport:
Thanks this actually worked with few tweaks …. For some reason it changed some parameters of different settings randomly and i had to go through each one of them and re-set it

thefiddler

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 1500 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did you maybe not follow all the directions on what you were attempting? I made some changes to my tire size and the same thing happened to me because I failed to follow all of the directions as to recalibrating ABS system and resetting sensors Etc
I just did this exact thing tonight...and of course I did not create a backup first. How did you guys get it back to normal? Now I have everything badbird72 mentioned above happening to my truck.

OP
OP
M

mbx5626

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hellcat 6.2
I just did this exact thing tonight...and of course I did not create a backup first. How did you guys get it back to normal? Now I have everything badbird72 mentioned above happening to my truck.

Hey, what i did was to find an exact car with the exact model/specs and just went through every single setting and changing it to what its should.

musinxa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Bonjour, je cherche backups pour Dodge RAM 1500 Laramie 5.7 lt de 2009 !!

Nanotec

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Sport
Engine
V8 5.7L Hemi
Same here changed tire size and triggered "service Air ride suspension system" and "service trailer brake system" now truck power steering is hard to turn. No speedometer response "---" is diplayed please help!!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
therapywolf