Help! ALFAOBD mileage correction not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jordan Froese

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey everyone new to the forum, so I just replaced my cluster and bought / downloaded the Pc version of AlfaObd and tried the odo correction and first try it bumped it up 50,000kms. So tried again and now I’m at 21000 kms instead of 135000 were my original cluster is at. Are there any updates on this issue? I kinda don’t want to keep these kms as it is highly illegal..

VR Nicastro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
I am kinda in the same boat. I purchased a $50 Android tablet and the AlphaOBD app.
I did the vin first.. Went through all the screens properly and cluster rebooted. It said it was successful but no way of verifying. Then I tried the mileage. Not having any luck.
When I goto key in the run position after 30 seconds it says connection failed.
I just walked away from it. I’ll give it another go later tonight.

VR Nicastro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Has anyone tried the AlphaOBD Android app on a Chromebook with better results?
Will an OBDII to USB adapter work?
I’m not getting anywhere with this app and the wireless adapter..

Jordan Froese

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I tried about 20 times on a laptop with the downloaded program not the app and still nothin

DrFitzpatrick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
Umm I would have to double check but it very well could be

I had a 2014 cluster and could change the milage but the hours would not change. Tried 20 times as well. I read somewhere on the forum that there are problems with programming 2014 clusters.

I have a 2017 cluster being sent to me and will give that a try and post here with results.

VR Nicastro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Dead in the water. I contacted AlphaOBD to see if they can transfer my app purchase to a Windows version. I’ll use a cable with windows, the wireless connections don’t do very good. Some people have good luck.. I had no luck..

DrFitzpatrick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
So I just tried my 2017 cluster. Again it took the milage but will not take the engine and idle hours. I've emailed alfaoba and explained the problem. Hopefully they have a solution. This is frustration AF considering all the research I did before purchasing all this crap.

DrFitzpatrick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
Finally success, Alexey emailed me a link to a PC_fix.rar for the windows version (2.2.5.0) that I have been using, and it worked first time out of the gate and was able to set my mileage to the correct values! I suspect he will be updating the android version as well.

Just curious if were you using OBDLinkMX+ when you were trying to program? I am having the same problems programming hours. Milage work without a problem but hours; Ive tried a dozen times and keep getting "procedure failed"
I'm wondering if I need the windows version and hardwire instead of bluetooth.

Jordan Froese

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I still haven’t been able to get the kms corrected never mind hours, I’ve tried the Mx and Mx+ And still nothin.

Jordan Froese

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I still haven’t been able to get the kms corrected never mind hours, I’ve tried the Mx and Mx+ And still nothin.

DrFitzpatrick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6

When I did my milage, I did everything correctly. I powered down for about 45 seconds instead of 30 as I waited for cluster to go dark. Then keyed back on and hit ok. It went through the whole continental screen and when it finished, the km did not change. So took my keys and I left and came back 10 minutes later and the km was updated.

Also, be sure to convert your km to miles when you input into alfa

Jordan Froese

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Interesting, it might have worked the first time I did it than because I entered my values as kms not miles and it shot up to well over 200000. And originally it only had 135000 so rough calculations that could’ve been my issue. I tried again after that than I came to 22000 kms which was a number out of a hat. But I’ll try again here today and see what gives and let you know

Jordan Froese

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I finally got my mileage corrected. I thought I screwed up but somehow it worked, I entered the values with no period like the program say and in miles and boom it worked instantly. Didn’t wait 30 seconds before I turned the key on since I thought I messed up the order but it corrected so who knows how that worked

VR Nicastro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Just curious if were you using OBDLinkMX+ when you were trying to program? I am having the same problems programming hours. Milage work without a problem but hours; Ive tried a dozen times and keep getting "procedure failed"
I'm wondering if I need the windows version and hardwire instead of bluetooth.
Using the windows version and the USB adapter worked for me without issue. I couldn’t do anything with the Bluetooth adapter and the app.
I said in a previous post that with the windows version there is no 30 second wait time after initializing the change. You turn the key off then back on, click okay and it completes the process. I think the 30 second wait time could be causing the issue. The adapter loses the connection and can’t reconnect fast enough to complete the task.
Just my opinion. Try it without waiting the 30 seconds.

Jordan Froese

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That would make total sense. I did exactly that since I thought I messed up and that’s the only time it’s worked for me

Sking80

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Using the windows version and the USB adapter worked for me without issue. I couldn’t do anything with the Bluetooth adapter and the app.
I said in a previous post that with the windows version there is no 30 second wait time after initializing the change. You turn the key off then back on, click okay and it completes the process. I think the 30 second wait time could be causing the issue. The adapter loses the connection and can’t reconnect fast enough to complete the task.
Just my opinion. Try it without waiting the 30 seconds.
Where did you get USB adapter from?

xbravo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It was such a pain getting the miles correct, but it finally happened. I used the OBDLink MX+ and tried going through all the steps as so many YouTube videos described. After selecting the 7" premium option and running the program it failed again. Rather than let it rest I immediately switched to the 3" option and ran the program and it finally worked, though I still got a failure message. Not sure if this will be helpful, but it's what worked for me. I have yet to get the hours correct.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radikio