Help!!! Both calipers locked up..16' 2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bondbuildersllc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7l
This morning I was pulling a horse trailer to a local rodeo and felt the truck steadily slow down, got it pulled over and both front brake calipers smoking. Fluids all good, no leaks, cracked the bleeders while locked up and no visible bubbles. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

RLJ10X

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The front right caliper on my 2011 Ram started dragging a few years ago. Old truck. Low mileage. Replaced caliper. All good ever since.

The left rear caliper started dragging on my 2014 2 door Wrangler a couple of years ago. Old vehicle. Low mileage. Replaced caliper. All is well.

It's kind of weird for both of yours to go bad at the same time. But then again both the front calipers are the same age on your truck.

Have them replaced. They're not that expensive.

OP
OP
bondbuildersllc

bondbuildersllc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7l
With both locking at the same time makes me think it's a booster issue, master cylinder or a sensor of some kind.

csuder99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Agree that sounds more like a master cylinder or booster issue. Something is keeping pressure on the front calipers.

RLJ10X

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
^I thought that too of my truck. I figured it had to be a malfunction in the BLD system. Nope. It turned out to be just a good old stuck caliper.

He'll get it figured out.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
I don't know if your year has this function but on mine you can select service brakes under settings, to release pressure on the calipers. That should at least tell you if the calipers are stuck or it is something else.

OP
OP
bondbuildersllc

bondbuildersllc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7l
Sorry for the delay...I narrowed it down to the hydro booster or the master cylinder. I took it to the dealership to confirm and indeed it was the hydro booster along with a damaged brake line unsure if they damaged the lines removing the hydro booster or what. Truck is fixed now but my power steering sounds different than before..louder than before. Parts and labor were around $800.00.