Help. Crank Sensors Keep Blowing. Getting REAL tired of changing them.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rrb6699

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 / 318
the crank position sensor again. yes, blind job and cut fingers I can't wait. mine just blew AGAIN tonight thankfully as I was turning into the driveway. but not happy.

it's a good thing I can do this with my eyes closed. tip for others:

get a piece of plywood and put it across the front of your engine compartment so you can lay under the hood. a little easier but not much. oh, remove the oil dipstick before you put the plywood up. otherwise it will bend/break it.

that said what are any causes to solve this. i put one in January after one blew a year ago, then 3 months later another one, one month later another one and now 1 WEEK later it just blew again.

I'm about to install a panel or cut away my inner fender so the job will take less time. it takes WAY too long to remove 2 bolts and unplug the sensor / replug new one and 2 bolts - all by feel.

anyone with any real info like, "ok, I know someone who solved this exact problem. it was......(the answer) ".

thanks in advance.

RR

OP
OP
rrb6699

rrb6699

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 / 318
I get from Rock auto because if I spend $90 on a Delco or Mopar and it blows I'll be pretty pissed.

I have to know if there's an electrical problem causing this.

I guess it could be the sensors though but trying to find out. they have 1yr warranty so I keep getting them for free.
just hate the labor involved.

rr