help help help Write suspension height. becomes plant mode

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fengfengfeng

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
16 ram1500 sport with air suspension
I made a mistake. I use alfaobd to write the body height (factory value). But the truck seems to have lost the leveling function. Now loading and unloading cargo can not automatically adjust the body height. And the left side of the body is an inch lower than the right side of the body. It can be raised and lowered manually. The vehicle does not have any fault codes. I cycled the ignition switch many times. Run height sensor check. Drive at low speed for a while. Neither worked.Help me, I have no after sales service here.
alfaobd read system status:
Front Left Calibration Offset(Raw):160
Front Left Calibration Offset:20 mm
Front Right Calibration Offset(Raw):182
Front Right Calibration Offset:254 mm
Rear Left Calibration Offset(Raw):151
Rear Left Calibration Offset:22 mm
Rear Right Calibration Offset(Raw):189
Rear Right Calibration Offset:240 mm
Front Left Level Adjusting Status:Off
Front Right Level Adjusting Status:Off
Rear Left Level Adjusting Status:Off
Rear Right Level Adjusting Status:OffAuto load measurement enabled:Off
I think it has something to do with these. But I can't find any setting about level Adjusting.
thanks thanks thanks
(Started because aero mode became sluggish. I try to view the data with alfaobd. During the test, I turned off the engine by mistake. Then a fault code was thrown. Since I don't know how to do it, I wrote the car suspension height again. Then it became like this. I tried disconnecting the battery. Nothing works.It says done and let me clear the fault code. I'm all done. But still.)

OP
OP
F

fengfengfeng

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
When writing the suspension height, first select Spring Deflate to Reservoir (note: not Atmosphere), and the four airbags are fully deflated. Then write the height. Then clear the fault code. My suspension factory values are 77 79 76 73. Front left, front right, rear left, rear right. Note: When writing, the ground should be as level as possible, and there should be no heavy load on the car. You can close the door and stand by if you can. After this adjustment at least the vehicle will not tilt, nor will it be fixed at the height before writing. But auto-levelling still doesn't seem to work, I need to test again. Hope this helps some people.

Last edited:

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Can't help you with this issue sadly, I have never messed with air suspension. But did you make a bcm backup before and after you made changes using alfa? I would he happy to run a comparison for you if you have both files. Nopepad++ makes that pretty simple.

OP
OP
F

fengfengfeng

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Can't help you with this issue sadly, I have never messed with air suspension. But did you make a bcm backup before and after you made changes using alfa? I would he happy to run a comparison for you if you have both files. Nopepad++ makes that pretty simple.
Thank you brother, I have calibrated and balanced the body. The offset becomes a single digit. Auto-leveling was temporarily abandoned. It is enough to be able to drive normally. I don't have a backup. Because at first I just wanted to see the data, no changes were made. The height data I write is also factory data. I'm glad I looked at the factory data before. Otherwise I might be lying under the car now. Ha ha

OP
OP
F

fengfengfeng

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So tell me why we need to deflate the bags completely?
My final solution is to find a level ground. Then measure the distance from the hub to the edge of the baffle, and then use the factory value plus or minus the difference to achieve balance. I did this because the left and right heights of the vehicle are inconsistent after I input the data measured at the vehicle bottom, and the front suspension is very low. And the actual height of each suspension is different when the same value is entered each time.