HELP!!! I'm in dealership!!!! Offroad package?! bad or good?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JukeFactory

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Etorque
Hello! In dealership. They have a truck I want in the 2019 Limited.... I want the best ride... Does the offroad package help or make the ride quality on a limited wors? or no effect?

NoveskeFan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Crew Cab Short Bed Copperhead Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I believe it has heavier duty shocks, so maybe slightly stiffer ride. My understanding is the air suspension gives the best ride.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Air suspension so likely no difference. Think at that trim the package is mostly just the skid plates and a sticker.

OP
OP
J

JukeFactory

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Etorque
I believe it has heavier duty shocks, so maybe slightly stiffer ride. My understanding is the air suspension gives the best ride.

Yeah thats what i thought too! Heavier duty shocks = Stiffer/rougher ride in my mind. BUT it does have air suspension.

OP
OP
J

JukeFactory

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Etorque
Air suspension so likely no difference. Think at that trim the package is mostly just the skid plates and a sticker.

Yeah the HD shocks is what i was hesitant on but maybe not big difference.

Eightd21

Reaction score
Ram Year
NA
Engine
NA
If you test drive and love it, and if the price is right, I'd say go for it. You likely won't feel any difference on a limited with air suspension.

wallacemf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 4x4 Hemi 6.4
I think the off road package comes with the Bilstein shocks, instead of the standard mopar shocks. I’d imagine Bilsteins are exponentially better than the oem junk.

My 2500 has them as part of the sport appearance group- it rides really well for a 2500.

lobsterbake

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins Turbo Diesel 6.7
My new Ram 2500 has at the off road package and I never in a billion years thought I would get that on a truck as it will see zero time off road. However I had test driven a few 2500's and have owned two previously and want a 2500 to ride like a 1500 which we all know is not feasible but I drove a $70K truck without the OR package and my back literally hurt. The salesman said now lets take this 2500 on the same loop and I was stunned at home much better it rode. So I ordered my 2500 with the OR package even though it will never see dirt simply because it made such a huge difference in ride to me - not a 1500 but dang good for a 2500. Congrats on the new truck!~!

Mark

IMG_1177.jpg

IMG_0901.jpg

soapy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Off Road package is the easily the option buy you can get on these Rams. Makes it a pickup instead of a boulevard cruiser IMO.

leroys73

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
When I was ordering my 2500 4x4 Longhorn with all the options available including Snow Chief and dual alternators, except no diesel and no sun roof. The off road was the only option I wasn't sure about. Going by how it is described on the Ram site it only provides some automatic braking/decrease in speed when descending on rough terrain. You give up the air ride. No mention of better shocks. I saw no use in it so I deleted it. I can use the brake, gas, and downshift when needed without a computer doing it for me.

Unless there is more to it than the site states. I'd skip it.

My buddy has a Toyota with off road. When it is engaged it will apply power to which ever wheel has the better traction. Not sure how it works.