Help. Leak thermostat housing?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MoparLifer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Also...it seems that some of that leak at bottom hose was spraying UP onto the Tstat housing...making me think it was housing or seal. Im pretty sure I solved this one. Hope this helps someone out there. Check for corrosion on water pump where lower Rad hose attaches to the pump. If you see aluminum corrosion, removing it with emory cloth is not enough. You must apply some sort of sealing aluminum primer or maybe Permatex Hytack. Im confident with Zinc Phosphate Primer.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Also...it seems that some of that leak at bottom hose was spraying UP onto the Tstat housing...making me think it was housing or seal. Im pretty sure I solved this one. Hope this helps someone out there. Check for corrosion on water pump where lower Rad hose attaches to the pump. If you see aluminum corrosion, removing it with emory cloth is not enough. You must apply some sort of sealing aluminum primer or maybe Permatex Hytack. Im confident with Zinc Phosphate Primer.

Glad to see you got it sealed up hopefully for good.Good tip on the Zinc Phosphate Primer for sealing aluminium and slowing it's corrosion factor.