Help me feel better about my new "mod"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Danimal77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've never encountered the gouge problem. I use a thin foam weatherstip.....works like a charm.

OP
OP
cheapbeater

cheapbeater

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
i will NEVER go back to the mopar ones! they wore the paint to the metal! took a lot of work to get that fixed up. plus they dont flex AT ALL if you get stuck and dig down to them they break! rant over...

as for the flaps, i think i'm gunna leave them for awile and see if they grow on me like the hood did..
thanks for the opinions

SilentRamAD

Reaction score
Ram Year
08 QCSB 2wd
Engine
287 4.7L
My husky molded ones that look like the oem ones minus any dodge emblems came with thin adhesive clear strips to put between the guards and the paint. I guess when I eventually lower (or level lift >_<) I'll find out if they wore off any paint.

BEAR

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Ram 1500 HEMI 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm a no "flap" person but the don't look bad. And if they save your paint then I say leave em! As a matter of fact I just put a set on my Dads Cheby.

AF_Hemi

Reaction score
Central Jersey in person, the burgh at heart
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 CC 4x4 Sport
Engine
lose the flaps. get flares (if you want) and certainly some 3M clear vinyl wrap or whatever that stuff is. its completely see through, cant even tell its there (even on the edge) and it protects the paint.

Ramunit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Take your licks without the flaps. It's great looking truck and the flaps taketh away.

Hemiguy0302

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.2 Boss
lose the flaps. get flares (if you want) and certainly some 3M clear vinyl wrap or whatever that stuff is. its completely see through, cant even tell its there (even on the edge) and it protects the paint.

Flares will not save his boat or his rocker paint at all. Thats why I have flaps on mine. The 3M stuff just does not hold up on the bottom of a vehicle either. I had some on my Jeep TJ and it was ravished instantly and I didn't even have mud tires on it.

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
Keep em on for awhile trust me they will grow on you and they will blend into the truck.

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
Well the dogs certainly like them!! For me it's a legal issue. Unfortunately some cops think it's a safrty hazard not too have them. They will issue a inspection sticker. Rule of thumb, No more than 3/4 of an inch of tire exposed. Course thats enough too ruin paint on boat and rockers. imo. leave them on, shoulda repaired oem again imo.