Help new ram owner / am I lifted?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jmlee44

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
All, new to me 2007 Ram crew 4x4. I bough the truck knowing the front end is a bit loose and now I'm starting to get parts together to repair it.

My concern is an OEM part might not fit depending on what the prev owner did, the truck sits completely level and I'm guessing that isn't the factory ride height in the front - although with so many trucks leveled online it is hard to tell what is and isn't by looking at pictures.

Would anyone know what the tire to fender measurement is on a stock truck in the front?

If it is only leveled a couple inches, what is the normal process for this - parts-wise? The reason I ask, I need a driver side spindle because the tie rod wallowed out the hole from being loose (this is what you get when you buy trucks from HS kids). I want to make sure that I'm still looking for OE size spindle, and UCA/LCA or are those usually replaced?

Thanks in advance!!

Snake15eyes1998

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Spindle or steering knuckle. Your tie rod connects to your steering knuckle. If its just a leveling kit, you would be fine to buy an OEM steering knuckle. If it's an actual lift kit, with a lower sub-frame. You might have to buy a replacement steering knuckle from the manufacturer, for that lift kit.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963