Help! OEM RAM gooseneck with Old B&W Companion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I just bought a 2019 RAM 2500 Mega Cab with the OEM puck style gooseneck prep package. I want to use my existing B&W Companion 5th wheel hitch Model # RVB 3500 with it. Issue is the Companionl has a square shaft that drops into the hole that requires a locking pin. The OE hitch is a round hole with no locking pin. I found an adapter (Popup FLC-1 Companion Adapter) , but it also requires a pin. I love the compact hitch and don't want the bulky puck hitch. Where can I find the proper adapter? What is the proper adapter? How do I fix it so I use the OE gooseneck and the Companion? Thank you in advance. I appreciate the help.

Don_T

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You don’t have any cheap options that I found. You can buy the B&W base for the Companion and sell your current base. I decided to buy a Goosebox pin box for my 5th wheel camper and just use a gooseneck ball in the truck.

OP
OP
Clayton Bearden
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Thanks. I found the same results. I thought about going with a goose neck adapter even though they say it adds additional stress to the frame. My RV is only 10k lbs. 32ft. I don't think it's heavy enough to ever cause damage to the frame. In the early 90's I dragged a fifth wheel many thousands of miles with no issues. I can say I am tired of the fifth wheel taking up my bed space.

slim chance

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7 eTorque
give eTrailer.com a call and talk to them about what you want to do .... they are very helpful and knowledgeable

Mountaineer83

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
The Reese Goosebox is accepted by Lippert for their frames. It is a complete pin replacement that uses a goose ball instead of one of the adapters. It's awesome and wish I went that way. But if you want something to bot stress the frame and to just use the ball, I'd check it out.

Don_T

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks. I found the same results. I thought about going with a goose neck adapter even though they say it adds additional stress to the frame. My RV is only 10k lbs. 32ft. I don't think it's heavy enough to ever cause damage to the frame. In the early 90's I dragged a fifth wheel many thousands of miles with no issues. I can say I am tired of the fifth wheel taking up my bed space.
There are gooseneck adaptors out there but I wouldn’t use one, they do cause additional stress to wheel frame which is marginal at best anyway. The Goosebox isn’t an adaptor, it is a replacement and it won’t cause additional stress.