Help on new purchase (2018 Rebel)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NightReaper

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Night Sport Crew
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hello Rebel owners!

I was looking around for a new sport to get into as the dealerships are throwing out rebates and incentives left and right, on top of the 2018's being the outgoing model. I thought I found one at a local dealership and it turns out it sold and the online listing needed to be removed. They guided me to a white rebel they had on their lot,

c708f674d8b4bb5ce5c84f978149ea02.jpg 288a8b8cd0521310873a7c612484e05c.jpg

So after some back and forth, they came down to 48,500 out the door. With all their incentives and surplus of 2018 models, it seems a little high so I walked. They are saying it's in the middle of a "dealership trade" and it would be leaving the lot today if I didn't take it home. I didn't know if this was a ploy or a legit transaction they are doing. There are no other rebels on their lot so I found it odd.

I enjoy my 2012 1500 Sport V8 Crew cab and I am not in a rush to give it away. I would like the newer features these have, and this one even has the air ride suspension all the way around and the Alpine upgraded speakers.

Let me know any thoughts and advice! Much appreciated.

chopperman1

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Rebel
Engine
5.7L HEMI
OTD is very difficult to comment on, taxes, registration fee's etc vary significantly across the country. Price the truck only.... I paid 36k (maybe even 34k, don't remember) for mine, brand new, most options, list was 52ish I think. It's a 2016 Rebel that I bought Dec 31, 2016 so there was a bit more incentive for them to move it.

OP
OP
NightReaper

NightReaper

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Night Sport Crew
Engine
5.7 Hemi
OTD is very difficult to comment on, taxes, registration fee's etc vary significantly across the country. Price the truck only.... I paid 36k (maybe even 34k, don't remember) for mine, brand new, most options, list was 52ish I think. It's a 2016 Rebel that I bought Dec 31, 2016 so there was a bit more incentive for them to move it.

The adjusted price for the truck was 43,021 and they didn't want to budge under 40k. I was hoping they'd be willing to move it off the lot, but maybe not. It's raining all weekend where I'm at, so maybe they'll give me call this morning. Looking around in the mean time! Thanks for the reply!

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I paid 43K for mine a year ago, with a sticker price of 54k. The adjusted price you listed doesn't sound too bad to me.

So did they contact you? Your silence since last Saturday makes me think you didn't buy this truck.

As a Rebel owner, my advice would be to not be so excited about the air ride suspension. Don't get me wrong, I really like it. But I'm dreading the day I have problems out of warranty. So far I haven't had any issues, but it's inevitable given the nature of the system. If I had a traditional suspension I'd probably keep this truck till it dies. But since it doesn't I'll probably trade it in next year for one without air suspension, since that's optional on the 2019+ Rebels.

OP
OP
NightReaper

NightReaper

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Night Sport Crew
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I paid 43K for mine a year ago, with a sticker price of 54k. The adjusted price you listed doesn't sound too bad to me.

So did they contact you? Your silence since last Saturday makes me think you didn't buy this truck.

As a Rebel owner, my advice would be to not be so excited about the air ride suspension. Don't get me wrong, I really like it. But I'm dreading the day I have problems out of warranty. So far I haven't had any issues, but it's inevitable given the nature of the system. If I had a traditional suspension I'd probably keep this truck till it dies. But since it doesn't I'll probably trade it in next year for one without air suspension, since that's optional on the 2019+ Rebels.

Yeah they didn't end up calling me. It disappeared from their inventory the day after I saw it.

I found a black on black on I really liked about an hour drive from me and when I got there, it was already dealer traded.

I did end up getting a 2018 Night Sport Crew at a steal and it had all the features I wanted. Determination pays off in cases like these!

Reactions: JB1

rraulston

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram Rebel
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Jim, I was in Gilbert last night and bought it from Earnhardts!!

rraulston

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram Rebel
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yeah they didn't end up calling me. It disappeared from their inventory the day after I saw it.

I found a black on black on I really liked about an hour drive from me and when I got there, it was already dealer traded.

I did end up getting a 2018 Night Sport Crew at a steal and it had all the features I wanted. Determination pays off in cases like these!

My choice was night for 40 OTD or Rebel for 40,8 OTD...