Help removing headlight switch bezel. Need to replace switch.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Papa Red

Papa Red
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Anyone have any help in removing the bezel (plastic tan part) around the headlight switch? Never done one and don't want to break it. My knee hit the headlight switch climbing into the truck and pushed the button through the dash. Crazy how it did that! Don't know if I can just fix the button or replace it. I'll have to find a part number if I need to replace it. Either way the bezel has to come off. Thanks.

Red

IMG_5822.JPG

Farmer Fran

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited Loaded - Sold
Pop that lower cover off and look and see if you can tell. But that is all i got.

When i first got my 2019 Laramie, maybe a couple weeks old, i slipped on the sidesteps getting in and when i reached to stop my fall i tore the blinker arm off lol.

OP
OP
Papa Red

Papa Red

Papa Red
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I found a youtube showing how to get it out and it's out. Now I just have to find a new switch and change it out. Not having luck finding it yet but I should.

Red

OP
OP
Papa Red

Papa Red

Papa Red
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I just came from my local auto parts dealer and they said I have to go through a dealer because the truck is "new" being a 2020 2500 and they don't have parts available yet. I will try steve white. Thanks.

Red

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I see this all the time in the shop. Mercedes are real bad about this happening.

Farmer Fran

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited Loaded - Sold
I just came from my local auto parts dealer and they said I have to go through a dealer because the truck is "new" being a 2020 2500 and they don't have parts available yet. I will try steve white. Thanks.

Red
I have had luck with lake norman also, having stuff in stock.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Glad to hear that you found it Red!

OP
OP
Papa Red

Papa Red

Papa Red
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I got the new headlight switch this morning and it took a mere two minutes to put back together and all works like it should. I'm just glad that the part was available and affordable considering the times we're in. Now I just need to watch my knees getting into the truck. The part is all plastic and way to delicate. Thanks.

Red

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Pretty sure that won't happen to me since my seat moves all the way back when I shut off my truck. Big Horn trim level must not have that feature. Glad you got it fixed. And watch your knee next time. :buttkick:

OP
OP
Papa Red

Papa Red

Papa Red
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Something to note is that if you happen to do this, your headlights will come on automatically with the switch disconnected when you start your truck. So if you do break it, you can still drive at night. I did not know this and that was part of my panic.

Red

RodeoRam

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Pretty sure that won't happen to me since my seat moves all the way back when I shut off my truck. Big Horn trim level must not have that feature. Glad you got it fixed. And watch your knee next time. :buttkick:

Some of us are freakishly tall and already have the seat back as far as it goes. And I still hit my knee on the dash and head on the roof getting in sometimes. I feel like a NASCAR driver getting into his race car.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Some of us are freakishly tall and already have the seat back as far as it goes. And I still hit my knee on the dash and head on the roof getting in sometimes. I feel like a NASCAR driver getting into his race car.
I wonder if you'd have your seat all the way back in a 5th gen 1500? The seat in my 2021 1500 definitely goes back farther than the seat that was in my 2017 Rebel.

Paul p Smith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 HO
Headlight switch part number is 68156061AD but I still can't find the you tube video showing how to get it out. Anyone know?

OP
OP
Papa Red

Papa Red

Papa Red
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
The bezel around the light switch pulls off on my 2020 2500... just be careful you don't break it. You can them remove the backside of the switch assembly and remove the front plate. From here, the new switch just slides in from the front side of the bezel, connect the wire and push the bezel back into place. The hardest part is removing the bezel. I posted some pics so you can kind of see what's behind it all. Good luck.

Red
IMG_5826.JPG IMG_5827.JPG IMG_5829.JPG

OP
OP
Papa Red

Papa Red

Papa Red
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Headlight switch part number is 68156061AD but I still can't find the you tube video showing how to get it out. Anyone know?
Did you get your switch replaced? I posted some pics to try and help. Thanks.

Red

Paul p Smith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 HO
Thanks for the pics. Since its -20 degrees here I may wait until spring as the plastic is probably stiff. Got the old one stuck together so it kind of works.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got the new headlight switch this morning and it took a mere two minutes to put back together and all works like it should. I'm just glad that the part was available and affordable considering the times we're in. Now I just need to watch my knees getting into the truck. The part is all plastic and way to delicate. Thanks.

Red
Are you trying to say U have Big Knees??? lol... :anitoof::33::joke: