HELP. Replaced driver's window control, no front windows now

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FTWLaw

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Hello all. I got a new to me 2013 Ram 3500 last week. discovered that the driver's lock button was INOP. After reading about the option to add power folding mirrors, I decided to replace the current control switch (68110866AA). Since I plan to eventually add the power mirrors, I went ahead and ordered a 68110867AB. After replacing, the lock button worked! Then I discovered, both mirrors functioned, both back windows worked, but I can not control the driver's or passenger's window. No up, no down, nothing. I can control the passenger's window fro the passenger's side.

I replaced the old controller and functionality is back. I though it may be the need to program the auto up/down function and held the switch up 5 secs, then down 5, power cycled truck and nothing. Also rolled the windows down with old control, replaced with new control and tried the programming function again but no go.

the old switch is now back in place without lock control. :-(
Any advice?

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Well, it could be as simple as that the new switch is bad. Is it a a New OEM? Used OEM? Aftermarket? Can you exchange it?

-K

OP
OP
F

FTWLaw

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Well, it could be as simple as that the new switch is bad. Is it a a New OEM? Used OEM? Aftermarket? Can you exchange it?

-K
It is new, just found it odd that it was only the two AUTO windows not working. Plan to exchange but wanted to throw out the question.

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
It is new, just found it odd that it was only the two AUTO windows not working. Plan to exchange but wanted to throw out the question.

Did the old one have the Auto function? I ask because the modules inside the door also need to support it. Generally when the auto function stops working (needs to be reset) the manual control still works.

-K

OP
OP
F

FTWLaw

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Did the old one have the Auto function? I ask because the modules inside the door also need to support it. Generally when the auto function stops working (needs to be reset) the manual control still works.

-K
Yes, only difference is the mirror fold button. When replacing the old switch, both windows manual and auto function work perfectly.

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Yes, only difference is the mirror fold button. When replacing the old switch, both windows manual and auto function work perfectly.

It sounds like you just had the bad luck to get a bad part then.

-K

OP
OP
F

FTWLaw

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
***RESOLVED****
As thought by KAD, the *new* part was simply bad. Another arrived and all functions are go! Thanks all.

Reactions: kad

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
***RESOLVED****
As thought by KAD, the *new* part was simply bad. Another arrived and all functions are go! Thanks all.

Glad to hear you got it working.

-K