Help requested, new member

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Victaven

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 hemi
Desperately needing assistance on my 2011 1500. Not sure if this is the right place, new here. Went to store, truck was fine, came home, parked overnight, now has red lightning bolt, service 4wd system in yellow, cranks but will not start or turn over, and no fuel pump buzz. 110k miles. All conditions are present at the same time and a P0688 code is all that comes back. I did clean the throttle body up to see if it would help, no luck. Thanks in advance.
TIPM?

buddy guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
welcome to the forum. i'm sure you'll get help here. i think the red lightning bolt is normal. comes one whenever i go to start my Ram. did you try pulling the battery cables yet? see if it resets?

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
It's a PCM power issue.

P0688 - PCM Power Relay Sense Circuit Open:

When a code P0688 is stored, it means that the powertrain control module (PCM), has detected an abnormality in the relay which supplies it with voltage. In this case the relay sensor circuit is open. Open could be translated as disconnected. The PCM power relay is used to apply battery voltage safely to the appropriate PCM circuits. It is a contact type relay that is activated with a signal wire from the ignition switch. This type of relay typically uses a five-wire design. Constant battery voltage is applied on one wire; ground on another. A third circuit carries a signal from the ignition switch and a fourth supplies voltage to the PCM. The fifth wire is the power relay sense circuit. It is used by the PCM to monitor power relay voltage.

Symptoms of a P0688 trouble code may include:
1. Delayed or no start
2. Electrical accessories may be inoperative
3. Engine drivability issues

Diagnostics will require reliable vehicle information on the location of the relay, relay electrical values and a digital volt/ohm meter.

OP
OP
V

Victaven

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 hemi
I did pull the battery and took it to get checked. It came back as a good battery.

Could the pcm voltage be regulated through the TIPM? If the TIPM is indeed bad could it cause a pcm fault based on voltage loss?

buddy guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
did you see the previous post yet? i think he has your answer:)