Help with 2500 Cummins

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

Shooter4thgen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Can you take a picture of the 5th wheel hitch - both truck and trailer? There is usually some height adjustability on the hitch to account for the differences in truck ride height.

I would NOT cut the springs. This does more than change the ride height - it changes the spring rate. You would have a must stiffer ride as a result.

One other option is to swap out your 5th wheel hitch over to a king pin style hitch. Those have more height adjustments.

Sir they have already adjusted the height in the 5th wheel and the hitch, I can’t take the pictures right now as I’m working out of town and the Rv is back home for now, but there are two problems one is the sides of the bed of the truck are close to the 5thwheel already since we already lowered the hitch and adjusted the King pin box the other which is what I’m trying to figure out is that the 5th wheel I have aparently was designed more to be towed by a 1500 which is lower in just trying to avoid trading the Rv lol

Michael Fendley

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you have adjusted the king pin box to the min clearance between the bed rails and the 5th wheel cab, then your only choice is to further raise the 5th wheel (wheels, tires, re-arched springs) or trade to a truck that sits lower.

ford40

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi I cut to coils of my 2014 2500 the day I pick it up
The top two coils do nothing but take up space when the truck is sating there.
I had to relocate my shocks so the springs didn't fall out when on a lift.

I later installed a set of Timbren rubber blocks but it lowered the rear of the truck about 2''