Help with ram 1500 2019 blackout uconnect 8.4" screen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mojofingers

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Good afternoon folks,
I just got a new 2019 ram classic black out with the 8.4 uconnect.
It is updated according to my vin number and the website. I have updated my S10 to android 9 and android auto is up to date.

My issue is that apple phones will connect to uconnect but not my S10 or my wife's galaxy 8.
All I get is a msg on my phone asking permission for data transfer and when I click yes it kicks over to the radio and my phone will start to charge then disconnect and repeatedly do that.

I have tried fixes like deleting android auto and google play service caching and data.
I have tried a fix going into bluetooth after I plug in my phone and then pairing and then phone mirroring and nothing happens.

Recently I had a aftermarket 10" put in by the dealership that was crap. I had the original one put back in. I dont think it is connections though as I can get an apple phone to work with car play. But not android's.

When the pop up on my phone comes up and I allow permission it kicks over to the radio.

It shows my phone but wont let me connect it in the mirror options. I click connect device and nothing happens.

I wanted to try a factory reset but cant seem to get that to work by pressing the volume and tuner at the same time.

Thank you very much for your time everyone!!
Shawn N

Here are some photos of my dealer view system specs

15803318345305125867208260003137.jpg

20200128_220151.jpg

20200128_220144.jpg

OP
OP
M

Mojofingers

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Tried updating my s10 mirror link certificate also. No go.

Tried to reset my factory setting in uconnect but I cant seem to get into the options with any of the suggestions online . Starting to think I cant get into these options myself.

kbrown

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
M

Mojofingers

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
When I went tot he dealer the other day they pulled up another 2019 blackout ram classic with an 8.4 ucconect And when I looked at the update versions it was 19. Something. But my ram is up to date at 18.42.12.

Is the 19. Something updates for 5th generation ucconect system?

In another forum for 5th generation rams I was told I had a 4th generation ucconect.
Am I mistaken, I thought 2019 and 2020 models are 5th generation.