Help with tire size

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nicklight

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I have a 2021 ram 1500, I just installed a 3.5 inch rough country strut lift and new upper control arms. Truck also has a 1 inch suspension lift in the rear. Next I am trying to figure out some new rims and tires but I don’t know what size to get. I’m thinking 285/75R18 or 295/70R18. Does anyone know of any problems with either of these sizes and what offset I would need to get?

OP
OP
N

Nicklight

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Can you point me in the right direction with what to search because I have not been able to find any information regarding those specific tire sizes

Dinky

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Can you point me in the right direction with what to search because I have not been able to find any information regarding those specific tire sizes

Revert back to my first post

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
I have a 2021 ram 1500, I just installed a 3.5 inch rough country strut lift and new upper control arms. Truck also has a 1 inch suspension lift in the rear. Next I am trying to figure out some new rims and tires but I don’t know what size to get. I’m thinking 285/75R18 or 295/70R18. Does anyone know of any problems with either of these sizes and what offset I would need to get?
With a 3.5” you can easily fit a 35” tire it would come down to the offset of the new wheel to eliminate that variable

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
What "look" are you going for?
Do you want that stupid looking "Squat" look with large wheels and small tires? Hope not.
Since you lifted it, I'd assume you want to go with big tires and big wheels.
35" or even larger would work and look right, but you could go with anything up to a 20" and still have it look correct I'd think.
These are 33s on 17" wheels and even at that, I'm chastised for it on the Jeep forum. lol
15" wheels with large tires is what most Jeepers want for off-roading, but mine never leaves the pavement.
IMG_1670.JPG