Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BrutusBuster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Hello All,
I need help, I have a 2013 Ram 1500 5.7 hemi, it was running sluggish, miss in cylinder #5, random misfires, loss hp, oil pressure, and fuel economy. I had a code for crankshaft position sensor, I changed that, then I had a code for camshaft position sensor, I changed that. The last code I had was p000b which is a vvt solenoid. Not knowing it had 4 of them. I changed one of them, put it back together, now it's telling me throttle position sensor is bad. Why do I feel I'm just chasing codes? Should I change the other three vvt sensors? And why after I fix one codes do other codes come up? I still have the random misfires, and the misfires in cylinder 5.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
So P0305 Code ever? How many miles? Any tick?

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
If you have that code, switch coil packs with any cylinder, if that code comes back, dimes to donuts cam lob is wiped.

OP
OP
B

BrutusBuster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
First code was misfire cylinder 5, my obd scanner told me random misfires in all random cylinder and misfire in #5, plus crankshaft position sensor. So of course I replaced the camera shaft position sensor and with no luck same issue

Rlaf75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
First code was misfire cylinder 5, my obd scanner told me random misfires in all random cylinder and misfire in #5, plus crankshaft position sensor. So of course I replaced the camera shaft position sensor and with no luck same issue
So you should've had P0300 (random cyl misfire) and P0305 (cyl #5 misfire) correct? Did you do anything to correct these codes?

Rlaf75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Before you continue to just replace parts I would clear all codes and drive it to see which codes reappear. Since you did nothing yet to remedy the cyl 5 misfire I will say that that code will eventually pop back up. You may want to swap cyl 5 coils plugs with a different cylinder then drive it. If the code pops up in that different cyl then replace the coil and plugs. If the code stays on cyl 5 then you have a problem with cyl 5. Before you start dumping money on parts it needs to be properly diagnosed

burner71

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
dumb question but have you checked your oil level?
when its low it will throw codes for camshaft and other things.
You only have one VVT solenoid and its at the front of the block under the intake. The "4" you replaced were the MDS solenoids I would imagine.