Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ternsdorff

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Driving down highway and low oil pressure light came on. I pulled over turned off and checked oil. It smelled hot, but still full. I towed home, drained and refilled,checked codes and try to re start and starter will not engage. Any help, ideas?

2019 ram 2500 power wagon, 5th gen, with 26,000 miles

retired

Votes republican and identifies as a he/him
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Should be under warranty.

Dredger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I'm very sorry to hear that. Please let us know what occurred and the solution when you find out.

OP
OP
T

Ternsdorff

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That's. The route it's going after they get back in the shop. Thank you

OP
OP
T

Ternsdorff

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So it's at dealership and it sounds like new engine time. The starter had failed, which is odd it did it at the same time. They replaced starter and started it to hear severe engine knock. They are now sending it through the warranty process for possibly a new engine. If there is anything the ram cares team can do to help this process along, please let me know. I don't know how to get hold of them.

Thank you

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
On Warranties, the dealer makes suggestions, writes it up & takes pix & it goes to engineering.
Engineering may OK a repair or ask for more information

rule18

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel
So it's at dealership and it sounds like new engine time. The starter had failed, which is odd it did it at the same time. They replaced starter and started it to hear severe engine knock. They are now sending it through the warranty process for possibly a new engine. If there is anything the ram cares team can do to help this process along, please let me know. I don't know how to get hold of them.

Thank you
I'll tag them here . @RamCares and also if you hover over their user name you can click on Start Conversation to begin a private message.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Driving down highway and low oil pressure light came on. I pulled over turned off and checked oil. It smelled hot, but still full. I towed home, drained and refilled,checked codes and try to re start and starter will not engage. Any help, ideas?

2019 ram 2500 power wagon, 5th gen, with 26,000 miles
Hi,
We certainly understand why this may be concerning. We kindly recommend having your dealer inspect this concern for you as they are in the best position to assist. If you do work with your dealer, we would be more than happy to provide you with additional support via private messages.

Rob
Ram cares

OP
OP
T

Ternsdorff

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So update. Dealer says it needs a new engine and new starter. Corporate is denying engine. They say the oil plug fell out and the engine drained, then I refilled it to make it look good. So I did drain and refill oil hopping somehow that would reset computer to allow starter to engage. I even have old motor oil still.. I know Longshot but these computers controll everything.

I gave receipts for oild changes, fumoto oil drain valve and woolwax,. Provided maintenance history (shory since only at just under 25,000 miles) oil changes every 4000 to 4500. Along with diff fluids air cleaners etc. Dealership is in Everett, wa.

The reason they say it was drainedof oil and plug fell out is 1. There is an aftermarket fumoto drain plug in pan as with all vehicles. And 2 the underside was coated with woolwax for winter and they claim that is engine oil. It's straw colored woolwax, looks and feels nothing like motor oil.

Be ware anyone who wishes to rustproof under there car or use fumoto oil valve. Dealership says they know rust proofing and it's hard not oil like. I even provided receipts, pics of 5gal bucket and picks of what woolwax looks like along with their web sight.

Ughh. I may have to get an attorney or eat what they say will be over 10,000 for a new engine on 2 year old truck. I can't let it sit with no engine, and keep making payments. After this I'm tempted to get engine in and trade in on a Ford. Between this engine failure and the chronic lifter / Cam failures with lack of corporate standing behind their product I'm just not sure it's worth it. I waited to get a power wagon for years now itslooking like a huge mistake. I only put 8,000 miles on it. Bought 1 yr old with 17,000 miles from dealer