Hemi,penstar,Cummings or eco diesel daily driver

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RAM DRVR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
Love my ED and its my DD. Used to drive 120 highway miles daily and got about 22mph lifted and with larger tires. It also towed a 6000lb trailer nicely across the country, 2600 miles. Just drove 1200 miles at 75+ mph and got 21.3 mpg and I don't drive to save fuel, I'm a bit heavy footed.

slacadjuster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I’m looking for opinions. I’m looking for a daily driver crew cab 4x4. Looking for the best fuel mileage ,power and longevity. I currently have a 2015 cc Hemi. Opinions greatly appreciated. I drive around 70 miles round trip. Don’t tow hardly anything.

Again, this is a PERSONNAL PREFERANCE.

Random_Walk

...what's this bolt do? *plink* ...oh.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 QC 4WD SLT
Engine
Pentastar 3.6
Personal preference based on how the truck is going to be used.

This ^^^^^ right here.

Unlike the car world, where pretty much any car will do what you want it to (save for little things like having kids vs. not), choosing a truck will depend most of all on what you intend to do in it, and what you foresee doing with it.

As you can probably see by now, most of us went through that analysis - deciding based on anticipated use. Given the much higher pricetags that trucks have, your decision can cost or save you many thousands of bucks. Your decision can also make you incredibly happy, or flat-out miserable: Choose too much truck, and your wallet will be sad. Choose too little, and your skills at cursing out FCA (or whoever made your truck) will increase exponentially.