Hemifever tune

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GunnerJ

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Looking at going through moe's and getting the hemifever tune, but I am reluctant as I've never done a tune on a gasser....or a diesel for that matter. I've always heard that unless you have forced induction tuning isn't going to do much for you. I'm wondering if anyone has some legit dyno sheets before and after hemifever tuning. My mods on my truck:
Pedal commander
Airaid intake
Exhaust
All help is appreciated

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

'06 Ram 2500

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a ‘06 2500 5.7Hemi w/manual trans. What would the benefit be for this setup?

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I've always heard that unless you have forced induction tuning isn't going to do much for you

Where did you hear this lol?? Yes, even with a stock cam, a custom tune (especially with trans tuning) on these trucks will make a noticeable difference.

OP
OP
GunnerJ

GunnerJ

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Update, I got a hell of a deal on a trinity 1000 with SRT 10 pillar and pillar mount. I've read that you can change some things with the way the tranny is. My question is can I tune 2nd prime out of the damn thing or do i need to go custom to do that?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Where did you hear this lol?? Yes, even with a stock cam, a custom tune (especially with trans tuning) on these trucks will make a noticeable difference.

^^^THIS^^^

I didn't get a chance to dyno my 2014 with the CAI, exhaust & custom tune from Hemifever but I can pass along that the throttle response was much better, there was more torque and HP available at lower RPM, I got better mileage and the custom tune was head and shoulders above the "canned" tunes that come with the programmer.

I do have dyno sheets on my 2007 5.7L HEMI powered MegaCan. The baseline run was with a CAI & exhaust only, the second run was with the "canned" tunes installed from a Diablosport Predator. You can see more HP & torque coming in at lower RPM and that torque is what moves the vehicle from a dead stop and low speeds.

The other benefit of the canned tune was the truck wasn't running lean at WOT (around A/F 14.x) and it was getting the fuel it needed to avoid pre-detonation and knock retard. If those conditions exist, the computer starts pulling timing and performance drops.

Here is the HP/Torque graph - Blue line is stock, Green line is with canned tunes. HP is the taller line, Torque is the flatter line:

D08.jpg

And here is the air/fuel ratio measurement. The Green line is with the tune, the blue line is stock.

Look at where the stock program begins, right at 14.0 A/F. That's lean at idle and that's OK. But...it holds at 14.0 - 14.2 at WOT. Look at it jitter and bounce like it's pulsing fuel, backing off, pulsing, etc... And note that it stays lean until around 4300 RPM when it just DUMPS fuel into the engine and goes from lean to very rich within 500 RPM. Not a very good fuel supply model, IMHO.

In contrast with the canned tuned installed, as engine load increases, fuel delivery increases concurrently providing adequate fuel to keep the A/F lower. So now it's not running lean, nor is it running rich. Rather, it is at the A/F sweet spot a lot of tuners look for in a stock HEMI engine, 12.8 to 12.5 and supply is linear with no dumping of fuel.

D09.jpg

I tell ya, my MegaCan was a fun truck to drive, it ran well and having the mods noted above made it that way.

Don't even get me started on the tune that's in the SRT8... :D

LoneWolf3574

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I tell ya, my MegaCan was a fun truck to drive, it ran well and having the mods noted above made it that way.

Don't even get me started on the tune that's in the SRT8... :D

Now I NEED to get a tuner for my truck, it's a pig taking off and I don't like the shift points or kick down at all. Still, I love my truck, it's the first large vehicle I've owned since my wife and I started having kids 20 years ago. AND it has a V8, I haven't driven one since I relegated my '69 Barracuda to blocks.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Now I NEED to get a tuner for my truck, it's a pig taking off and I don't like the shift points or kick down at all. Still, I love my truck, it's the first large vehicle I've owned since my wife and I started having kids 20 years ago. AND it has a V8, I haven't driven one since I relegated my '69 Barracuda to blocks.

It'll be noticeable, especially if you **** with the trans tuning. I think there used to be a sticky around somewhere with various shift schedules people had come up with. Just a caveat, if you don't intend to crack the engine open and do fun things like a cam, etc then Superchips is the way to go. If you're gonna do stuff that'll require custom tuning then you need Diablo.

LoneWolf3574

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It'll be noticeable, especially if you **** with the trans tuning. I think there used to be a sticky around somewhere with various shift schedules people had come up with. Just a caveat, if you don't intend to crack the engine open and do fun things like a cam, etc then Superchips is the way to go. If you're gonna do stuff that'll require custom tuning then you need Diablo.

Good to know, I have plans on obtaining another 5.7L Hemi down the line that I plan on cracking open and adding a few goodies to.[emoji16][emoji631]

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Then you'll need a Diablo, and either find a tuner who knows how to do the trans tunes within the CMR software (not all do) or go old school and stack the tuners; sometimes works, sometimes doesn't, sometimes end up with a bricked tuner lol.