Here we go again abs/traction control

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dutra

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sept 2022 I went to the dealership and was told part is on back order. I just got back today and the part is pushed back until August 2023. They are waiting for my warranty to expire

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Sept 2022 I went to the dealership and was told part is on back order. I just got back today and the part is pushed back until August 2023. They are waiting for my warranty to expire
Hey @Dutra ,

Have you opened a case with Ram Cares involving this? We'd love to see if we can't expedite this for you. If you're interested, please send us a direct message.

Callie
Ram Cares

cheeesman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 ram 5500
Engine
Here is a video i have put out to possible help with this issue. The Abs motor brushes are frozen in its housing. this was on a 2017 ram 5500 with 58K miles. had already had the module replaced under warranty then it happened again. check it out!

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Here is a video i have put out to possible help with this issue. The Abs motor brushes are frozen in its housing. this was on a 2017 ram 5500 with 58K miles. had already had the module replaced under warranty then it happened again. check it out!

Good video Clint. I've fixed similiar brush set-ups a few times over the years,and also use a small fine toothed file to clesn up the inside of the brush housing,especially the end where the brush sticks out. I'd hazard a guess it's probably a fairly commonly used brush that should be replacable if they are wore down,(just be a matter of finding them),but usually by the time the brushes are wore out,the commutator is also wore out.I'm old enough i still remember the days of turning starter armature commutators and sticking new brushes in them,lol

MJCs18Diesel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
My followup to Post #9: I found a post somewhere regarding the 2018 ABS problem, the non-availability of the two ABS parts of the ABS unit, and Ram was working to resolve the problem rather than doing a fleet-wide recall. I read through many other forums and others were getting the same answers. One post stated the problem was cold solder joints in the unit. That post said to call Ram My Cares.
I called my Ram Care, opened a "ticket", and eventually was called by a woman working for Ram Care located in in Canada. I explained how my problem happened just before my 36K warranty expired and the Ram dealership's answer was non-availability of parts, and to keep checking back. I explained to her how so many 2018 owners were having the same problem and similar explanations. Some even, without an extended warranty, had paid $1000-2000 dollars for repairs and the replacement ABS modules were failing, Ram engineers were aware of the problem, and looking for a fix. Eventually the engineers came up with a "fixed" module, and gave it a new Part Number with a B at the end.
They fixed my truck as a "recall" through Ram Care.
My suggestion is two fold: Search for or order the part with the new part number. And/or, call Ram Care, open a ticket, and ask them to research this problem. Spread the word...

Mister Luck

cassis tutissima virtus
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016/2017
Engine
5.7 V8
A major hurdle in coming to terms with FCA will be denial of fault on part of the design process and evidence of non FCA scan tools as actuators for brake service .. If an owner has service done at an independent shop or preformed service themselves using a non proprietary tool and or the proper service procedures FCA can claim plausible deniability.