Hesitation on startup

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
J

Justin33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So even after replacing battery it still feels like it’s having a hard time turning over maybe I’m just listening to much and hearing soemthing that’s not there but even with new battery sounds like it’s having hard time wanting to turn over. Would a fuel pump do it or maybe the plugs? Also have a Bluetooth adapter in ODBII for alpha but can’t imagine that is doing it.

OP
OP
J

Justin33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Any ideas on what else this could be is it maybe my injectors?

CamperMike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
does it just crank for a long time before firing? Or does it crank slowly? Not sure what your concern is.

Kicker96fs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
HAve you tried resetting the go-go pedal? I did mine and it seemed to help.

Get in the truck, close door, do not press he brake pedal, push the start button to run. Slowly press the gas pedal to the floor and slowly let off on it. Press the start button to off. Open door.
Then close door and start as always. This resets the throttle position sensor.

OP
OP
J

Justin33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
does it just crank for a long time before firing? Or does it crank slowly? Not sure what your concern is.
It has since come out of it…but it was more or less that it sounded like it was struggling to start up like a hesistation.

OP
OP
J

Justin33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
HAve you tried resetting the go-go pedal? I did mine and it seemed to help.

Get in the truck, close door, do not press he brake pedal, push the start button to run. Slowly press the gas pedal to the floor and slowly let off on it. Press the start button to off. Open door.
Then close door and start as always. This resets the throttle position sensor.
Interesting I will have to keep this in mind if it happens again. I got a new battery and at first the same thing was happening so I wonder if it may have been the battery was on the shelf for awhile and the alternator finally helped the battery out.