Hey all - possible new Ram owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FL-RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Bighorn Night Edition
Engine
V8
Thanks!

UConnect is the Ram Bluetooth phone connection for iPhone and Android? Is it the same for all the screen sizes?

Sorry - I still got more research to do…
Yes. It's not terrible, but it doesn't work flawlessly. It seems to be mostly a software issue. I'd be a bit leery of the 12" displays. Some people have posted that they have had problems with the screen delaminating. Plus, in my opinion, it's just information overload. The 8.4 screen seems just right.

A_mod_too_far

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for the reply. How long in did you have to done (miles?)

Ouch - not a cheap repair.

I purchased the truck with 90k miles and both sides were bad, but I've heard anywhere between 60 and 80k is how long they last.

Its an easy repair if you can weld or if the stud brakes off proud of the head, would definately be DIY, I was just unlucky and have no welding experience

OP
OP
D

DollarBill

Reaction score
Yes. It's not terrible, but it doesn't work flawlessly. It seems to be mostly a software issue. I'd be a bit leery of the 12" displays. Some people have posted that they have had problems with the screen delaminating. Plus, in my opinion, it's just information overload. The 8.4 screen seems just right.

I’ve heard the big screen can have problems. Gotta go see them both in person and make a decision.

Thank you for your reply.

OP
OP
D

DollarBill

Reaction score
I purchased the truck with 90k miles and both sides were bad, but I've heard anywhere between 60 and 80k is how long they last.

Its an easy repair if you can weld or if the stud brakes off proud of the head, would definately be DIY, I was just unlucky and have no welding experience

Welding is above my expertise too. Seems crazy there’s a fix and the factory hasn’t adopted it.

Then again - Ford hasn’t figured out the cam phasers in my truck after how many years. And my door latches freeze… How screwed up is that. And I got a recall notice today for a tailgate that can drop on its own. Too bad they haven’t been making tailgates for pickups before 2018.

FL-RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Bighorn Night Edition
Engine
V8
I’ve heard the big screen can have problems. Gotta go see them both in person and make a decision.

Thank you for your reply.
In my opinion, the 12" display is just too much tech. Simply too much going on. It looks cool and all whiz-bang, but it is way overcomplicated. I recommend the 8" screen. Much easier and intuitive.