Hi fellas workin onmy 08 airbag light and abs on?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pete42

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok so bought this truck sold my 06 got a 08 27k runs great no codes but airbag light and abs light on ??? Done some reserch cant find a answer? Help.

Smokeybear01

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
I had that problem on a Mini Coop I owned a while back. Because it's part of the safety system I was unable to reset the error code that was triggering it. Turned out to be a faulty switch under the seat that is supposed to disarm the airbag when there isn't any weight on the seat. The faulty switch kept sending an error code. I was told the air bag would still deploy so I learned to live with the dash light-drove my DW mad haha. Let us know if/when you get yours figured out.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
You need a scanner sophisticated enough to read airbag codes. It'll tell you what the problem is, or at least point you in the correct direction.

OP
OP
P

Pete42

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I was told anouther site replace clockspring did that did not fix same symptoms what els could it be?

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Why would you just throw parts at it (like a clockspring) if you don't actually KNOW what's wrong?

10 Break

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You need a scanner sophisticated enough to read airbag codes. It'll tell you what the problem is, or at least point you in the correct direction.
And if it's a sensor, it'll tell you which one. On my 07, it was the front driver side right behind the bumper.

Marley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This might sound evasive but ABS light is the sensors in the hub, put tape over the dash cluster and go.

I pulled the 40 amp fuse under hood to prevent activation of ABS.......that or replace hub assembly or play with shims.

madtrucker2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Check the SRS control unit its most likely under the center arm rest or on the floor below the radio behind a cover. Also do your seat belts work ,you can pull them out all the way and they retract. if not could be the problem. Best for you to look it up on you tube and watch a video, they might even have your year truck in it.and your wheel sensors have to be checked also.

Karlsweg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I’ll go with abs sensor In Front hub because that’s what my 07 did to have both lights on an cruise control wouldn’t work.

Karlsweg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
You can buy the speed sensor for the front hub. My hub was going bad so I replaced the hub assembly.

OP
OP
P

Pete42

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You right got the sensor put in hub no more abs light !!! Only light left airbag light