Hi From Louisiana

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sgree02

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi All,

New member here although on my 3rd Ram 1500 and contemplating my 4th since 2008. Significant other & I operate a flight school in Hammond LA, she was teaching a half blind diabetic (his description of himself) to fly, he also happened to the the local regional Chrysler dealer rep. I mentioned to him that I was thinking of buying a RAM and he set me up with a Friends & Family discount - that led me to my 1st RAM - a new 2008 black 4x2 Longhorn Quad cab Hemi from All Star in Denham Springs, LA. 2015 & I was itching for something new, went to the local Hammond dealer (Community Motors) and they had a 7K mile 2014 4x2 Sport Crew Cab w Hemi on the lot - loved the trim but not real happy giving up the bed length for the crew cab ( I didn't know that at the time) - we don't have kids & the rear cab was only used for the dogs & groceries etc. 2017 I got a case of the A** & decided I wanted to go back to a quad cab & so traded for a dealer order (@ Community of Hammond again) 2017 4x2 Sport Quad cab Hemi in flame red - dammit but I hate that color, don't know why I ordered it - well I do; it was dark when I made the decision looking at other vehicles on the lot. By late 2021 I'd decided that I wanted a new black on black Quad cab Rebel - hummed & harred over the extravagance of replacing a vehicle just because the color p*****d me off and RAM removed the quad cab option from the rebel by the time I walked into Community ............ here we are late 2022 and my mind is prepared to compromise over the crew/quad thing....Guessing this will be my last IEC vehicle - not that I think there's anything wrong with an EV; they're bound to improve with time as most thing do when there's smart brains trying to make things better. Trying to decide EcoDiesel or Hemi and now I find Diesel is off the table for the Rebel in 2023 - I know 1st world problems..

Anyway this site is awesome.....I'd had a message for the last 12 months+ about RH brake light being out but SWMBO said they're both working fine, finally searched the topic today and found the suggestion about the cab mounted light being out - guess what - the cab light had failed....quick trip to O'Rilleys & $3.50 and it was fixed.

**Edit**
I'm thinking 2023 Rebel 5.7, air suspension, night edition, trailer package, Rebel 2 plus 12 & bed liner. Was planning to hit up Mark of LA for a quote.

Steve........

Last edited:

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
Welcome. Great place to get info about your RAM and share what you know.

rule18

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel

Jerrybob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Welcome.....we love Rams and cajun food!

Roper46

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L I6 CTD
Welcome from south Georgia. I love the Night Edition. My previous 2020 Ram 2500 and my current Ram are both Night Editions.

20220816_181906.jpg

Jim S

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 eTorque
Sgree, welcome to the forum. I, too, am from Louisiana, but about 200 miles west of you.
I happen to actually LOVE my FLAME RED crew cab, Laramie Sport! What I DON'T like is all the nanny BS. Back up to close to something a screech owl gets its balls in a vise and slams on the damn brakes, some ******* on the highway changes lanes and I get too close...you got it...the damned owl goes ape ****, flashes "BRAKE!" on the damned dash, drawing my attention from the potential problem developing in front of me, then slams on the brakes causing a 10 car pile up in back of me while the teeny bopper woke ass bimbo toodles off in front of me completely oblivious to the pandemonium she has caused because no one told her that little light on her mirror meant another vehicle was there.
Good thing I'm a nice guy!
Anyway, welcome aboard. Look forward to many good comments about Rams. I have owned 8 and have 2 on the road now. '13 1500 with 280K miles and the '21 FLAME RED one I bought in October last year that has almost 50K on it. Both run like tops and even the 4.7 has enough guts to put a FORD to shame.