HID Headlights Flash On then Off (not flickering)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

arbelius65

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
This has probably ben asked a million times but I just installed an HID kit in my 08 Ram. The lights come on with no problems when the engine isn't started. When I start the engine and after a few seconds the lights will flash on then off randomly then eventually go out completely. I put a Can-Bus harness in and that solved the flickering problem but I still get the on/off problem. I have seen videos showing a relay harness that has a wire that goes straight to the battery for power. The video states that the harness gives the full 12v required to run the HID's. Please let me know if I'm going down the right road here. Thanks

John Jensen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
I had a similar problem when I installed my HID Bi-Xenon Projectors. Turned out one of the Can-Bus adapters was going bad. Replaced it and been good ever since. I've been told the Ballasts will act the same way when going bad.

You may want to check the adapters before you begin changing things.

JoeRam14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This has probably ben asked a million times but I just installed an HID kit in my 08 Ram. The lights come on with no problems when the engine isn't started. When I start the engine and after a few seconds the lights will flash on then off randomly then eventually go out completely. I put a Can-Bus harness in and that solved the flickering problem but I still get the on/off problem. I have seen videos showing a relay harness that has a wire that goes straight to the battery for power. The video states that the harness gives the full 12v required to run the HID's. Please let me know if I'm going down the right road here. Thanks

Do you have cap packs installed?