HID or not?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Seems like a lot potential $$ spent for minimal gain that could be spent elsewhere. Or work if it take 2-3 vendors to find a good one. And if a system craps out on a longer trip, can you get replacements quick? But I guess if you work night shift it might be a different deal. I can't complain about my stock lights. I've driven brand new rental cars with HID and some with projectors. I didn't think they were far superior to what my current vehicles have. Maybe more of a 'blade' like (thin) zone ...but ...ok? But perhaps if I rode in a vehicle that was properly set-up, maybe I'd think differently.

az chip

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Seems like a lot potential $$ spent for minimal gain that could be spent elsewhere. Or work if it take 2-3 vendors to find a good one. And if a system craps out on a longer trip, can you get replacements quick? But I guess if you work night shift it might be a different deal. I can't complain about my stock lights. I've driven brand new rental cars with HID and some with projectors. I didn't think they were far superior to what my current vehicles have. Maybe more of a 'blade' like (thin) zone ...but ...ok? But perhaps if I rode in a vehicle that was properly set-up, maybe I'd think differently.
What is in your current car(s)? I can honestly say between the poor incandescent lamps in my 2017 to the HID's I now own is a night and day (pun very intended) difference. You would have to be vision impaired not to see the difference between incandescent and HID.