Hidden light bar with wireless controllers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Warlockwi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 V6
Hello All,

I am looking to see if any of you have tips on wiring a light bar to a wireless controller.

I have a 2021 Warlock and wanted to avoid going through the firewall.
I am new to this however I pinpointed the light bar and controller I wan to use:Screenshot_20220118-211454_Gallery.jpg
I think the best spot is in the back of the grill under the RAM logo

I seen this one in this forum:

As for the light bar:

I realize I will need some type of relay/fuse. But that's as far that I got with this.

Dinky

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Rough country makes a wireless system for one light. The rough country one utilizes the light bar harness and Just a simple inline adapter.

dingo7285

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have installed wireless switches/controllers for my last 2 trucks ( S10 and Ram 1500). I find it super convenient, not just for the wiring part, but also having the ability to use a fob to turn on either my Front Light Bar, or Aux Backup/Bed Lights. Installation super straight forward, just follow the instructions. I did buy some kind of Chinese Knock off product from Amazon, which took some time to figure out the programing ( 4 switches), but with some trial and error pretty easy. For actual wiring, I have multiple accessories, so have a small fuse auxiliary Fuse box, which I tapped off the Main Positive for the the Factory Fuse Box. I ended up just tucking the Wireless Sending unit next to the Battery, so I can easily access it to make modifications as necessary. For the Fob, I don't carry it around all the time, just use it while camping, or working around the truck. I put velcro on it, and stick it on the cowl near the center cluster. This way I can easily turn it on/off as necessary for Driving, and grab it and attach to other keys if I need it.

KahneFan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I use all Nicoko lights from Amazon. You can use Bluetooth or a wireless remote. I prefer the remote over fumbling with my phone, but some prefer the app. I digress to say, while I go ahead and wire mine through the firewall, I've known several people who simply leave the switch "on" under the hood and then use the remote to control the lights with no issue. This pic shows the halos (full RGB), but they also have a full flood in the center. They run deals on pricing OFTEN, just keep checking back and look for the little box that says "Save an extra x% when you use this coupon".

Attachments

• 20200520_115630.jpg
    20200520_115630.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 17
  • 20220220_203644.jpg
    20220220_203644.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 18
OP
OP
Warlockwi

Warlockwi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 V6
Rough country makes a wireless system for one light. The rough country one utilizes the light bar harness and Just a simple inline adapter.
I like that option. I do have 3 programmable switches that I could use to read the remote of that thing.

Dinky

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I like that option. I do have 3 programmable switches that I could use to read the remote of that thing.

Yeah I got one but never used it. Went another route as I wanted to hook up more things