HIDs refuse to ignite - 2016 with projectors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hunterdan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've had intermittent issues as of late with my hylux 45w ballasts not igniting, mainly on just the passenger side bulb, until recently it was both sides. Never had any issues the first year they were installed (all BCM changes were done via alfaobd). I also never got a bulb out warning when the lights didn't kick on. So figured The ballasts were getting power, and just not sending it to the bulbs. The ballasts are over a year old and have been in and out several times trying different setups, so I ordered a set of 50w morimoto to replace them. Still had a time or 2 where the same thing, one side failed to light, however, just as before, turning the lights off, then back on would power up both lights.

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
I've had intermittent issues as of late with my hylux 45w ballasts not igniting, mainly on just the passenger side bulb, until recently it was both sides. Never had any issues the first year they were installed (all BCM changes were done via alfaobd). I also never got a bulb out warning when the lights didn't kick on. So figured The ballasts were getting power, and just not sending it to the bulbs. The ballasts are over a year old and have been in and out several times trying different setups, so I ordered a set of 50w morimoto to replace them. Still had a time or 2 where the same thing, one side failed to light, however, just as before, turning the lights off, then back on would power up both lights.

I had that happen. The ignitor failed on me. $25 fix.