High beams not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RamIT255

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 V8
I tried changing both of the bulbs but still no luck. When I flip the switch the love being shut off but the highbeams still don't come on. I keep reading about a relay somewhere but I can't find it under the hood. Can someone give me some ideas on how to get the high beams working again. Thank you all for your help!

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?ymqljk

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
So are these the stock lights you are having a problem with?

Micchi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L
The relay is in the fuse box next to the battery. Just push in the tabs on the side of the cover and remove it, there's a diagram showing what each fuse and relay go to.

OP
OP
RamIT255

RamIT255

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 V8
Yea I checked the diagram on the inside of the fuse box cover but couldn't find an actual head light relay. I'll try and look it up somewhere

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?dpdkc0

OP
OP
RamIT255

RamIT255

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 V8
That really helps. Are those just fuses for the left and right headlights? I would think that if they blew I would lose both high and low beam for each side...but I'll check them out

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?hiqjca

wermbang

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 Off Road
Engine
5.9L V8 Sport
check out the relay where it says "quad"

txbass06

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
If the fuse is good and swapping that other relay in didn't change anything, I'm guessing it's in the switch in the steering column or you might have a short between there and the bulb

ScottyBrown

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9l
I'm having the exact same issue. The "Quad" high beam relay spot in the fuse box has no wiring behind it... meaning, you can plug a relay into it, but it doesn't do anything as there are no wires in that slot on the fuse panel.

I experience the headlights going off, no high bean indicator when I try to turn them on. I'm thinking that perhaps I have the wrong bulbs in there... a single filament version of what SHOULD be a double filament version. I might go pick up a bulb and give it a shot.

OP
OP
RamIT255

RamIT255

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 V8
Yea I tried new bulbs already and that did nothing. I'm not good with electrical stuff so anything beyond fuses and relays is pretty much out of my league. If you accomplish anything let me know as I really need to get those highs working.

318boy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I would like to know how dodge is switching from low to high with no relay in the fuse box. Unless it is built into the high/low beam switch but that would be stupid to run it like that. I have looked everywhere for the high beam relay and have come up empty handed. I want to run a second relay so my lows stay on with my highs. I did it to my tahoe and it was like day and night.

OP
OP
RamIT255

RamIT255

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 V8
I would like to know how dodge is switching from low to high with no relay in the fuse box. Unless it is built into the high/low beam switch but that would be stupid to run it like that. I have looked everywhere for the high beam relay and have come up empty handed. I want to run a second relay so my lows stay on with my highs. I did it to my tahoe and it was like day and night.

Yea I had a Colorado I did that to and what a HUGE difference! And no luck here either on finding any kind of relay. I'm pretty much lost on my headlight issue and it's frustrating cause I really need my high beams.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?rvy45u