HMVVE beacklocks and BFGs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hbleconey

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
has anyone run the military HMVEE beadlock (24 bolt) wheels and tires on a power wagon? I have a 2019 PW and for trips down to Mexico I was thinking of putting on the 37 military BFG run flats but not sure about offset or how they do. I understand its going to be a bit rougher as the run flats have much thicker side walls.

any thoughts?

I have the Carli pintop on my PW so shouldn't be any issue with rubbing.

62Blazer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I would want to test fit one and see how it would work both because of the backspacing on these and the rim diameter (I know all of the original military versions were 16.5" rims). Not really sure if they would clear the brakes.

In regards to the run flat aspect, I didn't think it was from the actual tires but rather the rim design. There is a metal insert, or ring, that sits inside the tire that supports the vehicle weight and keeps it from going all the way down on the rim if the tire goes flat. Keep in mind it will trash the tire but it will keep the vehicle moving. The handling is not the same as an inflated tire, but the idea for these is if the tires got shot out in combat you can keep driving long enough to get to safety........these are not magic tires that never get a flat.

Gamedog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
392 c.i.
Here is a set on a power wagon...

View attachment 228511

tenor.gif

OP
OP
hbleconey

hbleconey

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Yeah i would only run these when I’m down in Baja on surf trips. The run can be nice if you pop one and need to get to more hospitable terrain to swap it out. I run aev katlas with 37 toyos now. I think I need to buy just one and test it

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I think it should be fine with a spacer

I think you would definitely need a spacer. Arnt they 16.5” wheels? They most likely wont fit over the brakes. And I think they have A LOT of backspacing.

Breaker Alex

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi

Moparfanatic21

U.S. Marine Vet - 0321, Now a Doctor...of Vehicles
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What about those tires with the holes in them I see on heavy equipment. No air = no flats

Rollertb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I believe your biggest issue will be clearance for the brake calipers up front