Hodges 2016 Bilstein Build

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
dude, they suck big time. I was in a pinch so I went with advanced auto ones and ill run them till these boots split again. I'm going to plan my next swap accordingly and have mopars on hand for sure. Same PN both sides which is nice.

Nice little plus side was the seals on the front dif kit I installed kept these looking brand new inside so that's a big win in my book! AT least these will get me through winter so I won't mind dealing with this vs sitting outside in single digits.

Edit* do you remember which flares you went with? Mine warped during storage over the summer and im looking to add another set of Oem looking without OEM cost
Yep, they were the cheap ones from AmericanTrucks

Good to know the part number on the Mopar CV axels are the same. They're a little pricey but man they last.

OP
OP
H

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Yep, they were the cheap ones from AmericanTrucks

Good to know the part number on the Mopar CV axels are the same. They're a little pricey but man they last.
Yea I had to debate this with the parts store kid for a little, but they are in fact the same.

Thanks for the link I'm gonna order me up a set tonight

OP
OP
H

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Guess ill update this a little.

173k on the truck. Haven't done too much. Waiting for my scheduled alignment since the trucks been getting hammered on the job sites pretty good and was wearing the tires funky. Normal maintenance and corrosion prevention is all I've done. Otherwise its been working perfect. Got a new set of flares coming. I went with tyger pocket style to hopefully help fend off the junk a bit better ($160) so they fit the budget. I prefer no flares but I have just enough tire poke it makes a big mess quick on muddy job sites. Otherwise im leaving it alone until it's paid off....which is soon...so long as work gets busy again. Looking at adding a 2500 floor console for some extra storage since there's a bunch of dead space with the front bench. My buddy blew his 1500 up and we just got him a '22 Cummins so im getting some extras we can nab off his bighorn before he gets rid of it.

I still have intentions on getting a decked drawer setup and softtopper as well as some other things but discretionary funds are nil so for now we just make it work and watch FB market for potential deals.

Got side swiped a few weeks back. Somehow I avoided a potentially catastrophic highway pileup and cane away with ZERO damage. Guy decided to share lanes with me at 80mph. Caught glimpse last second in my side mirror and was able to create enough gap to thread the needle between him and a concrete divider.

Uhhhhh, that's it pretty much. Been riding my bike and jeep around trying to keep busy. Boring I know but if it ain't broke don't fix it.

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hopefully something easy to buff out. it doesn't look like it went deep in the paint but just a pain exchange ?

OP
OP
H

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Dude that sucks....

Hopefully something easy to buff out. it doesn't look like it went deep in the paint but just a pain exchange ?

Some how by a miracle it didn't dent the door. I'm astonished as it sounded like a grenade went off in the cab when he hit me. It wasn't paint transfer as I had initially thought, it was the actual melted plastic from the mirror. Brake clean took it right off. One perk of this thing being a work truck is i don't care much for the paint, interior staying nice and no dents is really all I care for at this point. It could have been way worse so for that I'm super fortunate.

OP
OP
H

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Also, I tried the Tyger Auto "pocket" flares as I am getting tired of flinging clumps of mud all over at work. Needless to say, they didn't even come close to fitting. So that's to be continued.