Homelink Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Campbelc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Turbo Diesel HO
I have a new 2021 Laramie 3500 and am attempting to set the Homelink to my garage door. When I attempt to zero out codes and/or link to my opener the Homelink light is never illuminated. Would it be an electronic connection issue meaning return to dealer or possibly something that can be done by self.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Homelink is awful to set up. I hate everytime I have to do it. I know I have to back up a certain amount away and turn my opener on to set up. Its tricky. Let me see if I can find the video I have used.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

OP
OP
Campbelc

Campbelc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Turbo Diesel HO
That's the video I used to try the set-up. My indicator light on the Homelink button isn't lighting up when I try to set it.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thats weird. I know when I had my Durango it was really hard to get it to work. Maybe reset the battery under the hood? If that doesnt work Id definitely take it to the dealership.

Guts&Glory

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L v8 Hemi Laramie 4x4
I’m having a similar problem. It has been working fine. The TPMS quit working on just one tire. Took it to the dealership at the same time I got an oil change. The dealer replaced the TPMS for 1 tire, now the home link doesn’t have power. As well the vanity light in the driver’s side doesn’t work. Don’t care about that… but I’d like the garage door switch to function. Still under factory warranty, but it’s a real pain to take it to the dealership.
What do you mean by ”reset the battery“ you mentioned? Disconnect/ reconnect Battery terminal?

Rlaf75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’m having a similar problem. It has been working fine. The TPMS quit working on just one tire. Took it to the dealership at the same time I got an oil change. The dealer replaced the TPMS for 1 tire, now the home link doesn’t have power. As well the vanity light in the driver’s side doesn’t work. Don’t care about that… but I’d like the garage door switch to function. Still under factory warranty, but it’s a real pain to take it to the dealership.
What do you mean by ”reset the battery“ you mentioned? Disconnect/ reconnect Battery terminal?
Yes, disconnect the battery for a few minutes then reconnect

Guts&Glory

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L v8 Hemi Laramie 4x4
yesterday I disconnected the positive side of the battery, waited 40 minutes, reconnected, no change. So, I went to the dealer, he’s ordering a new visor.
I think unrelated, a tiny corner of the radio screen is starting to delaminate, so he’s going to replace that as well before the 36k warranty runs out.

Squire Rick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looking for help before I call for assistance.
I have a 2019 Ram 1500 Bighorn. I just got it and I'm trying to set up the Homelink garage door opener. I cleared it just fine. When I get to Step 4, holding the handheld transmitter button and the Homelink buttons at the same time. I never get the rapid flash on the Homelink panel.

I had not looked at the instrument panel before. I just checked and there are no messages like "Cleared 1" or anything like that. It's on, but just displaying the normal operating messages

Last edited:

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I just set up a step ladder under the garage door opener
My Ram is parked just outside of the garage
i wait until my neighbor comes around & i ask him to get on the ladder
I clear all 3 buttons on the Homelink
then i ask him to press the button on the rear of the garage door opening, when he says OK, i press button one, then i watch the instrument panel
Then we have a beverage

stormcom

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Big Horn
Engine
V6
press button 1 and button 3 for about a minute. If you do not see it flashed, it is still reset. that is how mine worked.

KoboldTaco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L
Most homelink devices operate without the car/truck on. What’s happening here in CA, people are using garage door openers and homelink devices to open garages they scope out and rob folks quickly when sleeping. I say bag it and always keep an opener on your person or a phone-connected app which also has it’s own level of security issues, but highly unlikely joe the crack head will be a hacker.