Homelink only failing on my 17 RAM?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FunWithDirt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Hello, all.

New here. I did run a search and found a number of Homelink ralated posts but didn't see one specific to what I am wanting to ask. Please forgive if it is there and I just didn't pick up on it.

I have a 2017 RAM 1500 with Homelink. My wife has had 2 Jeep Grand Cherokees both with Homelink.

About 4 months ago, I changed out the garage door opener to something newer as my old one worked but the lights no longer worked.

With the old opener, no issues with the opener at all from my wife's (at the time) 2015 Grand Cherokee or my RAM.

My wife's then 2015 Grand Cherokee, there were no issues at all connecting to the new garage door opener. My 2017 RAM wouldn't.

I tried repeatedly even going back to videos and the manual to see if I am missing something. No success.

My wife got a 2021 Grand Cherokee with homelink yesterday. Again, Homelink connected right up and it works like a charm. Just for fun, I gave it another go on my RAM. No such luck.

I am starting to think there is something wrong with the Homelink in my truck. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Last edited:
OP
OP
F

FunWithDirt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
ok... so, after months... I finally got it going again. I think what I was doing wrong in the "learn" process. I might have been holding the button down too long or something. Don't know. Whatever it was, I managed to only do it with the Ram and with none of the other 3 cars. However, the signal from my homelink would appear to be much weaker than the other CDJR Homelink vehicle one of which was just programmed just yesterday. Last time I had this working was right when the garage door was brand new. So, battery is new. Anyways, different problem for a different thread.