Homelink question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rubbernutz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Diesel
So im curious, can I utilize my homelink buttons for aux use?? I have a light bar installed and I am about to wire it in. I want to utilize homelink button 3 because, let's face it, I won't be needing the button. Any thoughts, schematics, direction would be appreciated!

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
So im curious, can I utilize my homelink buttons for aux use?? I have a light bar installed and I am about to wire it in. I want to utilize homelink button 3 because, let's face it, I won't be needing the button. Any thoughts, schematics, direction would be appreciated!
Yes, this item can do what you are trying to do...

Pilot Performance Lighting PL-SW29 4 Channel Wireless Remote Switch, Black https://a.co/d/16eE9WJ

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
Just a side note on this. For the above it utilizes 2 channels, one for On and the second for Off. So you end up using 2 Homelink buttons if you want to turn it on and off. That kit above also has other features built in on the FOB including flash which can be helpful in an emergency perhaps.
With that said, what I want to do is find a remote control like the one above that is a LATCHING switch. This way ONE button does On & Off. I found them on the Jungle shop but haven't tried them yet so I can't recommend one yet.