How could I tell if MDS may have been turned off?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JohnUSA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Laramie
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If the MDS is disabled via a tuner, will the Fuel Saver message still come on?

I have read numerous posts that people can "feel it" when the MDS kicks on and off when cruising 25-35. I don't feel anything. The Fuel Saver message will turn on and off, but I don't feel a thing from the engine.

I'm wondering how to tell if the MDS has been turned off.

Marmay

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Definitely you can tell when the system is on,the engine created little vibration ,your hands feel that immediately.

BadHemi2014

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yes, it will.
My engine has been rebuilt with MDS deleted, but that message will still come on any time there's little to no throttle input. I have it turned off in the uconnect menu.
I could feel it kick in and out, but plenty of guys don't notice it. I don't know if that's a difference in trucks or people or both lol.

Zoe Saldana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
If the MDS is disabled via a tuner, will the Fuel Saver message still come on?

I have read numerous posts that people can "feel it" when the MDS kicks on and off when cruising 25-35. I don't feel anything. The Fuel Saver message will turn on and off, but I don't feel a thing from the engine.

I'm wondering how to tell if the MDS has been turned off.

Turn on tow/haul mode and see if there is a difference.

OP
OP
J

JohnUSA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Laramie
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yep...little to no throttle input, the Fuel Saver message comes on. That's either at 25 or 65 mph. Step on the gas and the message goes away. No difference in "feeling" when I moderate speed and the message comes back on. I'll look for RPM difference, but I don't recall it now.