How did everybody do in the snow?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Different Drummer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar V6
I think we must have been in a a swath of heavier snow than what was around us. Little Lady measured 32 inches in the deck that was not drifted. I am 6'2" and the amount pushed up at the end of our driveway by the plow was honestly upper chest level. This is the most snowfall I have seen happening in one dump in in a very long time. No exaggeration!

Different Drummer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar V6
QUOTE="Different Drummer, post: 2410005, member: 104832"]I'm north of OP quite a bit. About 2 Hours directly south of Montreal, CA. 30 inches measured on the deck just now. Probably colder here than the city though, resulting in a drier snow.

30 inches in Amsterdam just west of Schenectady on I90, easy to snow blow. Should have stayed in Hilton Head :33::33:[/QUOTE]
Yup matches our measurement. We are about 25 miles from you.

Cableman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I’m from the Northeast. Long Island, NY to be more specific. We got around 8-12” of heavy wet snow which turned to rain then back to snow overnight which yielded an icy mess. Got home last night from work by about 9pm. Tried to beat the storm but couldn’t get all our deliveries done in time so I got the opportunity to do some 4WDing. Roads were totally snow covered then, heavy winds, some white out conditions. Had truck in 4WD LOCK, with my General ATx’s. No issues. I know guys turn their Pedal Commanders down in this weather, I just completely just power mine off. No issues, truck was a beast.

But I know a lot of guys got a lot more than we got. Heard areas of PA got 40” and Binghamton NY got about 30”.

Hope everybody is safe.

What town? Im shoreham.

I had to work today, sucks lol cleared driveway, made 4 turns and got stuck in work van!
Ive enjoyed the lack of snow the past 2 winters. I never get go enjoy storms of any kind...

OP
OP
Hookedup87

Hookedup87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’m in Miller Place, right down the road. Worked a 14 hour day yesterday so that we didn’t have to run today. Was able to stay off the roads. Spent most of the day getting snow and ice off my truck and wife’s Jeep, driveway, walkway etc. Not fun. That was a wet heavy snow/ice mess. And as soon as I was done, damn town plow came by a left about a 2 foot wall of snow all the way across the end of my driveway. Before my last two Rams I had an 08 Impala SS. I used to get so stressed with those damn plows plowing me in in the middle of the night. I leave very early in the morning for work and I’d be out there shoveling ice to get car out into street. Now, even though I’m not happy with them, I just drive the Ram right over the mountains they leave. ********.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

likes2build

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Express RCSB
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Okay I don't know if this is the prize winner or not but I just heard from my friend.
Ludlow Vermont Route 100, 44 inches

OP
OP
Hookedup87

Hookedup87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wow. That’s a lot of damn snow. How do you even clear that. I remember one time we had 28” of snow where I live and the snow was just about the same height as the top edge of my snow blower. I don’t know how I would deal with 44”. Either a bigger snow blower or just put a plow blade on my Ram. Actually one of my neighbors got a new quad and put a plow blade on it. Saw him using it for the first time today. Looked like he was having a good time.

Princeton_Man

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Though some forecasts predicted 5-8", all we received was a little sleet and freezing rain. Never even started the truck.

MAJ_Charlie

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
We got a decent amount (18+ inches in some areas) in north central PA. Finally got to test out my Ridge Grapplers in snow!

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I’m from the Northeast. Long Island, NY to be more specific. We got around 8-12” of heavy wet snow which turned to rain then back to snow overnight which yielded an icy mess. Got home last night from work by about 9pm. Tried to beat the storm but couldn’t get all our deliveries done in time so I got the opportunity to do some 4WDing. Roads were totally snow covered then, heavy winds, some white out conditions. Had truck in 4WD LOCK, with my General ATx’s. No issues. I know guys turn their Pedal Commanders down in this weather, I just completely just power mine off. No issues, truck was a beast.

But I know a lot of guys got a lot more than we got. Heard areas of PA got 40” and Binghamton NY got about 30”.

Hope everybody is safe.
Binghamton actually reported 40 inches at the airport on the mountain but my parents had 42 just east of there. All their Christmas decorations are buried.

Rt71668

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do you guys add weight to the bed in winter time ? I run duratrac 35 12.50 r20’s and they are great in the snow but I still take it easy.

Rick Gabler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V-6
Sucks here in Minnesota! No snow on thee ground at all = no white Christmas! Bought a brand new 1500 Classic last January. Still haven’t had a chance to go 4 wheeling yet! Damn, where’s the fun in that???

michaelm_ski

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 liter
I live in the Central Part of Michigan and we were lucky and only got about three inches BUT the way some people drive it is like the first time they have ever seen snow LOL , Personally I had no problem I always slow it down and see if there are slick spots but ALWAYS stay a little further back from other vehicles . Stay safe .

michaelm_ski

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 liter
Damn, that sounds crazy! I live in the CA desert. Not a single snow flake for miles....

Lucky man ! LOL I always say I don't mind the snow on Christmas Eve and Christmas day but after that goodbye !

Moparfanatic21

U.S. Marine Vet - 0321, Now a Doctor...of Vehicles
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
In PA visiting family. They got probably 16-22". These mud tires suck so much in the snow I just ordered another set of Milestar tires to replace it

Casey Bleu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
We've got a ton of snowflakes around here in the inland northwest but the biggest danger most of them create is when they go shopping & refuse to wear a mask.

The streets do get icy, my wife's got snow tires on her Mustang but it's got an open diff so it stops with 4 wheels but goes with only 1 wheel. The tires on my Ram are M+S rated but I guess that's the lightest duty snow rating possible, no mountain/snowflake symbol and they definitely slide around on the fully iced-over intersections.

LOL THIS made me laugh

TomB 1269

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Albany / Schenectady NY area (east end of I890)...We got just over 2ft. The damn thing is a beast. 4 high uses BLD to make it act as if its got lockers. and then when you get hung up and turn off Traction control the damn thing governs the RPM so you do not over rev and lets you stand on the gas but only hit 3500 rpm. But even better is it varies the RPM when doing this between 3000 and 3500 so its naturally cause a rocking motion be varying wheel speeds...... I literally plowed thru snow. I hit a snow bank in the road that put 8 to 10 inches over my entire engine hood after having cleaned it completely off. I left the drive for a fire call with roof and engine hood cleaned off and the tonnaeu had so much snow it looked as if I had a cap on my truck.

And PS, I am still running the stock Wrangler tires........... This is the best truck, car, etc. I have ever owned for winter driving It just does not know when to quit. I have yet to find a way to get it stuck..... and trust me I am god at find odd ways to get a truck stuck in the snow.

My old Ford.............
Truck Stuck 1-Snow- Feb 15 2014 .1.jpg

Last edited:

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
we have not had any where I live but a few inches here and there last week. we dont get enough to be a big problem but we get icing and that causes some chaos and some power outages.. the wife and I take the ram and go up to new mexico or colorado every year to do some snow skiing and so far the falken wildpeaks have been great in snow.