How do I post items from my media?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RJL1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Seems I can't access my media items to post. I've only been able to access pictures from my computer.

Has something changed? I don't remember having issues posting media images.

Thanks

MADDOG

Not RamForum Staff
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Where are you trying to post media from? Your albums or an external site?

HandyCruiser

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi (no e-Torque)
Where are you trying to post media from? Your albums or an external site?

This would be from external sources other than Apple Music. I'm not sure why folks would want to post media from Apple Music on a truck forum. But that's all that seems to be allowed. :rolleyes:

For an internal source, the "Insert Image" button seems to work the same as when uploading from a PC. Here's an example posted with the Insert Imagine button. It's my old avatar that's uploaded to the forum. Link is https://www.ramforum.com/data/avatars/m/86/86985.jpg?1624800987

86985[1].jpg

But, when I try to post the same internal image using the "Media" button, I get the same error message as external sources. Strange indeed...

MADDOG

Not RamForum Staff
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
OK. I'll check into the "Insert Media" functionality. I believe it was an add on included in the most recent software update that was not configured during the upgrade.

As long as you can post pics from your own PC or those linked to a online photo repository using either "Attach Files" or "Insert Image" commands we should be good for now.

MADDOG

Not RamForum Staff
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I'll dig a bit further into this. I just tried to link a pic from my album and was not able to do it. I got the same error message as shown above using the "Insert Media" icon. Then I tried the "Insert Image" icon and no pic appeared.

If you have the pic on your computer use the "Attach Files" function for now.

MADDOG

Not RamForum Staff
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I found a way to copy images from your media but it DOES NOT entail using the "Insert Media" command.

It is also a long process, about 9 steps or so.

If that's too long then it is suggested you use the "Attach files" tool below the open reply window in any new thread or post here. This assumes that the image you wish to share is on your computer or phone.

If the image is not on your PC or phone, residing only in your album, you can use the new How To that I will create and post in this section of the forum within the next few days.

MrsGirley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L and 68rfe Transmission 4x4
However, on this conversation, I do see the "Attach files" button. Thanks!

MrsGirley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
See screenshot below

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-07-27 at 9.45.56 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-07-27 at 9.45.56 PM.png
    335.5 KB · Views: 7

MADDOG

Not RamForum Staff
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
See screenshot below

Are you trying to attach a file from DropBox? Or are you trying to post a link from DropBox?

To post a linked pic use the "Insert Image" icon in the tool bar above the open message space.

MrsGirley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi, Michael!

No, I was using the insert image, but it only allows a link and the only link I could use was from "My Album." I waited until the next day and I was able to use the link successfully, so maybe it needed some time? Thanks for the follow up, though. Just know that in this particular thread, the "Attach files" is below the reply box; however, in my thread to Benny, there is no such option. Have a GREAT weekend!

MADDOG

Not RamForum Staff
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
If you were in a PM to Benny then there is no "Insert Image" or "Attach File" functions there unlike what you find in an open thread or post on the main forum.

If in an open post or thread on the main forum, understand that using the "Insert Media" icon, which looks a lot like the "Insert Image" icon, won't work. The "Insert Image" icon allows you to post a picture link in addition to a picture from your PC or phone. The "Attach File" icon allows you to add a pic or other sort of file directly from your PC or phone.

Glad it all worked out.