How do I turn off interior lights when door is opened?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trashmaster1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello, this is my first post and I have searched through the forum for an answer to this unique question. I know there is a adjustment for changing the levels of the interior lights and gauge cluster brightness right below the headlight dial. But the only way I have found for the interior lights to not come on when the door is opened is to have that interior light adjustment dial turned all the way to left which leaves the interior brightness too dull for my taste. Is there anyway for that adjustment dial to not be turned all the way to off and still have the interior lights not come on when the door is opened?
This is the dial

B2202E88-A26F-4E1A-B964-987F5D7064E4.jpeg

Bigskyroadglide

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, supercharged
Check the light above the driver's right arm, back of the cab, mine has a switch to make. It dimmer or to cut it off, it's a click multi position switch, it's not a roller like under your light switch. Then you only have to worry about the overhead spot lights in the top console. Best I can do to help. I keep my dash lights all the way dim when driving at night, better for night vision

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Depending on which radio you have, there may be a setting in the radios Menu

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Hello, this is my first post and I have searched through the forum for an answer to this unique question. I know there is a adjustment for changing the levels of the interior lights and gauge cluster brightness right below the headlight dial. But the only way I have found for the interior lights to not come on when the door is opened is to have that interior light adjustment dial turned all the way to left which leaves the interior brightness too dull for my taste. Is there anyway for that adjustment dial to not be turned all the way to off and still have the interior lights not come on when the door is opened?
This is the dial

View attachment 504960
I know that there are Police Package settings that are listed in AlfaOBD. It's possible some of those settings might provide the functionality you want? I don't know if anyone has tried them but I'd imagine there is some kind of blackout mode...