How easy is it to steal these trucks?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kccustom

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just happened to catch some people casing my truck this morning when I let the dog out.

I think they come with a factory setup or something don't they?

They were in a new challenger with no tags, probably stolen.
3ci6R0R.jpg

cptwing

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 3500 ST DRW REG CAB
Engine
6.4l Hemi
Dam you guys got that horrible white crap ready. I believe they are very easy to steal. The thiefs have gizmos now that they plug into the obd2 and reprogram the truck to a different key. Takes a few seconds and the truck is gone. Best deterrent to a thief is a nice 12 gauge.

Seriously that sucks hope, some does catch them in the act. And hopefully that someone is Samuel colt or one of his buddies.

OP
OP
kccustom

kccustom

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Damn, I played my video back and I can see them go by then turn around and creep back up the street then they park in front of my yard and turn their lights off.

When I walked toward them they drove off, I would bet the car they was in was stolen as well.

I will go back to earlier in the night and see if I can get them in the daylight.

Probably the same a-holes that did this, both of those cars were stolen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APhbKt9qMNA

RodRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
If a competent thief wants your truck its his unless you do something he's not expecting like a tire boot or having motion lights and siren go off if he walks on your property. Or you sitting in the back seat with a big gun when he opens the door. You could also have a hidden power switch that separates the main battery cable, but then you would have to reset the clock and radio after each switching. The most effective alarm and not sure they even sell them anymore is a motion switch set to the horn, when powered it had a weight that was very sensitive to movement and just opening a door or bumping the car would set the horn off till the weight stopped moving.

Dubstep Shep

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I have the Mopar version of Lojack on my truck. Basically makes it impossible to get away with my truck. If they don't find it within a couple of hours I actually get a couple thousand dollars.

CC12RamLove

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Not sure about there. Here in my town if i call the cops and let them know someone was casing my truck or house and had video like that they would patrol the area more often. You can get picked up by the cops for casing.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not sure about there. Here in my town if i call the cops and let them know someone was casing my truck or house and had video like that they would patrol the area more often. You can get picked up by the cops for casing.

How do you prove they were casing though? Lol

joeygster

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 1500 Sport Crew Bright White
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't know how hard it is for them to steal it. The factory alarm is a joke. All I know is they can steal mine as long as it doesn't come back.

Same here.....I don't want it back if some ******* has run the crap out of it.

At home, the best place for it is in the garage if it'll fit.

OP...you've got snow already in Kansas?...it's been warm & sunny here in southern Ontario.

CC12RamLove

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
How do you prove they were casing though? Lol
Google your PD non emergency number. Explain everything you got. A car with no plates not normal to the neighborhood drive slow past your house and how they drove away when you approached them. That should be enough to have an officer stop by to say hello and see your video. They will spread the word and keep an extra eye out.

Buddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Almost looks like leaves around your truck??? Not snow??
Anyway, as per our trucks, I like everyone's idea of just making any thieves just 'disappear'.:)

Raist11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Google your PD non emergency number. Explain everything you got. A car with no plates not normal to the neighborhood drive slow past your house and how they drove away when you approached them. That should be enough to have an officer stop by to say hello and see your video. They will spread the word and keep an extra eye out.

I wish our police force had that much time on their hands. So many situations like that would just be left because there was no crime, no threat to safety. I'd be surprised that very many departments would put an officer on that.

JasonK94Z

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
In most states, it is against the law to use deadly force to stop a thief from stealing something out of your yard. So think before you shoot or YOU just might be in jail too.

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Good advice right here.....

And I agree clh1220 & Rzrman328.... they can have my truck if they get away... as I've told someone who joked about wanting my truck and he was going to come steal it (joking) one night.... I told him I have no problem with shooting my truck as it drives away without me in it... I have a 1/4 mile long or so drive way so I have 1320 feet 4-500 yards to get them in the sights.. and to note my long distance shot training comes from 2 ex navy seals and a recon ******... I can shoot to say the least.

On a serious note, if you can put it in the garage for a few days or even put it up on jackstands I would... just to get the point that they are being watched.. or put a your on surveillance sign up. maybe that will detour them from stealing your truck. Cause if they can steal a challenger they can steal your truck... same manufactures same theft detourant systems

CC12RamLove

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I wish our police force had that much time on their hands. So many situations like that would just be left because there was no crime, no threat to safety. I'd be surprised that very many departments would put an officer on that.
No its the same in my town lots of lowlifes for them to chase. May take a day or two but they will come by just in case. If the car with no plates is stolen never know the guys in it may be wanted for something else.

If everyone gets involved and reports junk like this they can peace other things together. Who know, maybe those guys robbed a bank and used that car to get away and now are looking for a new ride to hide in.

This attitude that has spread across this country where no one cares about anyone else

OP
OP
kccustom

kccustom

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Good advice right here.....

And I agree clh1220 & Rzrman328.... they can have my truck if they get away... as I've told someone who joked about wanting my truck and he was going to come steal it (joking) one night.... I told him I have no problem with shooting my truck as it drives away without me in it... I have a 1/4 mile long or so drive way so I have 1320 feet 4-500 yards to get them in the sights.. and to note my long distance shot training comes from 2 ex navy seals and a recon ******... I can shoot to say the least.

On a serious note, if you can put it in the garage for a few days or even put it up on jackstands I would... just to get the point that they are being watched.. or put a your on surveillance sign up. maybe that will detour them from stealing your truck. Cause if they can steal a challenger they can steal your truck... same manufactures same theft detourant systems

Damn thing is too tall to fit in the garage! I hope they are done with my neighborhood but I am parking under my bedroom window tonight.

If they get it I will post the video.