Help Support Ram Forum by donating:

How is your RV's A/C working?

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by Michael, Sep 22, 2019.

1. Michael

Michael Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    I found this helpful video on an RV forum and hope this might help some of you.

areelguy1950 likes this.
  2. Michael

Michael Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    Everyone’s A/C is doing fine?

3. sandawilliams

sandawilliams Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    6.4 hemi
    Thanks for the video on the AC repair. One thing I have found is the RV AC's I have had cant cool the RV. If the sun is directly hitting either side and the ambient temp is above 80 its really going to get hot inside. Planning ahead while camping and prior to leaving the RV in the morning it helps to start the AC early and cover all windows facing West and South. Make sure all windows and vents are closed. The exception would be a slight opening in the exhaust fan in the bathroom to help remove the ceiling heat.

areelguy1950 likes this.
  4. runamuck

runamuck Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7 Hemi
    we have a freedom express 246 rks and it came with ducted a/c and pretty good insulation. it seems to cool pretty well. not long ago we spent a few nights in it when daytime temps were in the 100-103 range and while it didnt cycle off very often during the afternoon hours, it did maintain the 75* that we had it set on. we dont even use the furnace as a small oscillating electric heater keeps us toasty on winter camping trips. our windows are dark tinted but not dbl. pane, which would be nice.